Subject: [Lager] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lager-specification-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 11:14:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Label Generation Rules Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Representing Label Generation Rulesets using XML
        Authors         : Kim Davies
                          Asmus Freytag
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lager-specification-07.txt
	Pages           : 75
	Date            : 2016-02-01

Abstract:
   This document describes a method of representing rules for validating
   identifier labels and alternate representations of those labels using
   Extensible Markup Language (XML).  These policies, known as "Label
   Generation Rulesets" (LGRs), are used for the implementation of
   Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs), for example.  The rulesets are
   used to implement and share that aspect of policy defining which
   labels and specific Unicode code points are permitted for
   registrations, which alternative code points are considered variants,
   and what actions may be performed on labels containing those
   variants.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lager-specification/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lager-specification-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lager-specification-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 11:59:52 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lager [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 2:14 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Lager] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lager-specification-07.txt
> 
> 

With this update all of the known issues that were captured in the issue tracker have been addressed and closed. Is there anything preventing us from starting a working group last call on the document?

Scott

---

From: Asmus Freytag <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 14:05:13 -0800

> With this update all of the known issues that were captured in the issue tracker have been addressed and closed. Is there anything preventing us from starting a working group last call on the docum…
Audric has read the new spec and found a few typos, so have the authors 
(typos always show themselves only after publication :). These we can 
take care of in the final mop-up. He has found no defects in the 
specification or feature set.

 From the Root Zone, and 2nd level Reference LGR work, where we are 
already using the specification, we are not aware of any issues; we are 
not missing any features and the two defects in the specification we ran 
into were resolved in the -07 draft.

The scripts and languages for which we have expressed draft LGRs in the 
XML format span a rather broad array of writing systems, which gives us 
more confidence that the spec is complete.

A./