Subject: [ldapext] modifyDN.deleteOldRDN and name forms

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:56:34 -0600

All,

It appears that X.501 allows name forms to specify attributes that are
not allowed by the object class definition that the name form is used
for.
<from Name form definition> "The RDN attribute (or attributes) need not
be chosen from the list of permitted attributes of the structural object
class as specified in its structural or alias object class definition."

a) Does this also apply to DITContentRules? Meaning, if an attribute is
not allowed on the object class definition, or allowed by the DIT
Content Rule, can it be specified in the name form?

b) If yes, can objects be instantiated with names that use those
attributes?

c) If yes, what happens when modifyDN.deleteOldRDN is set to false when
renaming one of these attributes?

I can't find answers to a, b, or c, in the X.500 series.

Jim

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext