Subject: [ledbat] Ledbat presentation slots for Hiroshima

From: Murari Sridharan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:03:51 +0000

Hi,

We'll hopefully get the updated drafts soon. Meanwhile please send agenda requests. We know we will have two slots for each of the WG documents. Michael won't be making any updates to the LEDBAT survey document for Hiroshima.

Other than the above I'd like to propose a few topics that I think will help the WG immensely. I am cross-posting the invite to ICCRG folks as well. As we are working on finalizing a lower than best-effort transport that is based on delay measurement there have been questions around experimental data/discussion around proving/disproving late comer's advantage, whether flows can be starved, fairness in the presence of multiple flows etc. As with all congestion control laws the one being discussed has a choice of parameter values to choose from. A lot of the work here is building on earlier work on delay and loss based algorithms so it would be good to hear views form others who have done this type of work in the past. I know there are folks that have implementation experience with delay and loss based algorithms. May be you have some interesting data to share that is relevant to the problem being discussed. You can look at the current proposal at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shulanov-ledbat-congestion

If you are interested, please send us details including title/topic, presenter name and requested time.

Thanks

Murari

---

From: Murari Sridharan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 01:10:27 +0000

Here is the agenda.

LEDBAT WG Meeting, IETF 76
Friday, November 13
Cattleya East

9:00 AM Preliminaries (10 mts)

9:10-9:40 Low Extra Delay Background  Transport (LEDBAT), S. Shalunov (30 minutes)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-00.txt
Looks like there were some minor edits made but the version is still 00? Is this correct Stas?
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-00.txt

9:40-10:10 LEDBAT Practices and Recommendations for Managing Multiple Concurrent TCP Connections, R. Penno (30 minutes)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-penno-ledbat-app-practices-recommendations-01.txt

10:10 - 10:30 Next Steps and Wrap-up (20 minutes)

Thanks
Murari

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Murari Sridharan
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [ledbat] Ledbat presentation slots for Hiroshima

Hi,

Thanks

Murari

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:01:36 -0400

I suspect the diff is against
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shalunov-ledbat-congestion-00, since
the previous draft prior to approval as an official WG item.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Murari Sridharan
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:10 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [ledbat] Ledbat presentation slots for Hiroshima

Here is the agenda. 

Friday, November 13

Cattleya East

9:10-9:40 Low Extra Delay Background  Transport (LEDBAT), S. Shalunov
(30 minutes)

Looks like there were some minor edits made but the version is still 00?
Is this correct Stas?

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=draft-ietf-ledbat-c
ongestion-00.txt

9:40-10:10 LEDBAT Practices and Recommendations for Managing Multiple
Concurrent TCP Connections, R. Penno (30 minutes)

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-penno-ledbat-app-practices-recommendation
s-01.txt

Thanks

Murari 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Murari Sridharan
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [ledbat] Ledbat presentation slots for Hiroshima

Hi,

We'll hopefully get the updated drafts soon. Meanwhile please send
agenda requests. We know we will have two slots for each of the WG
documents. Michael won't be making any updates to the LEDBAT survey
document for Hiroshima. 

Other than the above I'd like to propose a few topics that I think will
help the WG immensely. I am cross-posting the invite to ICCRG folks as
well. As we are working on finalizing a lower than best-effort transport
that is based on delay measurement there have been questions around
experimental data/discussion around proving/disproving late comer's
advantage, whether flows can be starved, fairness in the presence of
multiple flows etc. As with all congestion control laws the one being
discussed has a choice of parameter values to choose from. A lot of the
work here is building on earlier work on delay and loss based algorithms
so it would be good to hear views form others who have done this type of
work in the past. I know there are folks that have implementation
experience with delay and loss based algorithms. May be you have some
interesting data to share that is relevant to the problem being
discussed. You can look at the current proposal at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shulanov-ledbat-congestion

If you are interested, please send us details including title/topic,
presenter name and requested time. 

Thanks

Murari