Subject: [Lwip] LwIP BOF Minutes

From: Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:40:18 +0800

Hi All,

The BOF minutes are available via:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/lwip.txt

Thanks for Behcet to take the minutes.

If you have questions, please let us know.

-- 
Best regards,
Zhen

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:24:55 -0600

Hi, Zhen,

I have a couple of rephrases (and Behcet may have captured what I SAID, but 
this is what I MEANT - it WAS Friday!)...

Thanks,

Spencer

Spencer: Q2, confused about if you guys are going to

- document techniques that come from working group participants, or
- document techniques that are in existing implementations, whether the 
implementers are participating or not, or
- develop new techniques that are not yet implemented and document them

... deleted down to

Spencer:  The first working group I chaired in IETF is PILC (Performation 
Implication of Link Characteristics), that started after TCP-over-Satellite 
and someone else requested a working group for TCP-over-wireless for 
cellular phones, and Vern Paxton thought there would be no end to requests 
for specialized TCPs.

We ended up with a working group for a few types of performance problems, no 
matter what the environment was (slow, long latency, errors), and I suspect 
something like that is needed here. How many attributes are you guys talking 
about optimizing for? If it's four, that might be doable. If it's 32, that's 
less doable. I'd encourage you to look at that early in the process.

---

From: Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:32:53 +0800

> cellular phones, and Vern Paxton thought there would be no end to requests

I think you meant Vern Paxson?

> less doable. I'd encourage you to look at that early in the process.

I update and upload the minutes. Please check again.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/lwip.txt

Thank you for pointing these out.

-- 
Best regards,
Zhen

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:14:57 -0600

Hi, Zhen,

Thank you for catching this! Yes, PaxSON.

1999 was a long time ago, and that's when Vern stepped down from the IESG...

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Zhen Cao" <[email-masked]>