Subject: Re: [Lwip] Comments on draft-chen-lwip-implementataion-00.txt

From: Yangyang Ruan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:10:12 +0800

Hi Hui,

You mentioned the relationship between callback function and physical
memory, as far as I am concerned, the callback functions are adopted for
memory saving indeed.

As for socket options, they are almost needless as we merely develop quite
simple applications in the internet of things so far.

Regards,

Yangyang

---

From: Yangyang Ruan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:30:16 +0800

Hi yc,

Thanks for your argumentation. I think the draft is mainly for IPv6, so IPv4
is not used in the stack at present. And thus it should not be ARP, the Address
Resolution Protocol, but the function of address resolution.

Only some functions of NDP are needed. With the similar reason, it should
not be “echo request and echo reply” as ICMP function in IPv4, but NDP in
IPv6, which replace ARP, ICMP router discovery and ICMP redirection.

Regards,

Yangyang