Subject: [Lwip] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-02.txt> (Minimal IKEv2) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 07:27:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Light-Weight Implementation
Guidance WG (lwig) to consider the following document:
- 'Minimal IKEv2'
  <draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes minimal version of the Internet Key Exchange
   version 2 (IKEv2) protocol.  IKEv2 is a component of IPsec used for
   performing mutual authentication and establishing and maintaining
   Security Associations (SAs). IKEv2 includes several optional
   features, which are not needed in minimal implementations.  This
   document describes what is required from the minimal implementation,
   and also describes various optimizations which can be done.  The
   protocol described here is compliant with full IKEv2 with exception
   that this document describes mainly shared secret authentication
   (IKEv2 requires support for certificate authentication in addition to
   shared secret authentication).

   This document does not update or modify RFC 7296, but provides more
   compact description of the minimal version of the protocol.  If this
   document and RFC 7296 conflicts then RFC 7296 is the authoritative
   description.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.