Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 05:46:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal IKEv2 Initiator Implementation
        Author          : Tero Kivinen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-03.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2015-09-22

Abstract:
   This document describes minimal initiator version of the Internet Key
   Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) protocol.  IKEv2 is a component of IPsec
   used for performing mutual authentication and establishing and
   maintaining Security Associations (SAs).  IKEv2 includes several
   optional features, which are not needed in minimal implementations.
   This document describes what is required from the minimal
   implementation, and also describes various optimizations which can be
   done.  The protocol described here is compliant with full IKEv2 with
   exception that this document describes mainly shared secret
   authentication (IKEv2 requires support for certificate authentication
   in addition to shared secret authentication).  This minimal initiator
   implementation can only talk to the IKEv2 implementation which
   supports also acting as responder, thus two minimal initiator
   implementations cannot talk to each other.

   This document does not update or modify RFC 7296, but provides more
   compact description of the minimal version of the protocol.  If this
   document and RFC 7296 conflicts then RFC 7296 is the authoritative
   description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/