Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 04:23:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal IKEv2 Initiator Implementation
        Author          : Tero Kivinen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-05.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2015-11-23

Abstract:
   This document describes a minimal initiator version of the Internet
   Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) protocol for constrained nodes.  IKEv2
   is a component of IPsec used for performing mutual authentication and
   establishing and maintaining Security Associations (SAs).  IKEv2
   includes several optional features, which are not needed in minimal
   implementations.  This document describes what is required from the
   minimal implementation, and also describes various optimizations
   which can be done.  The protocol described here is interoperable with
   a full IKEv2 implementation using shared secret authentication (IKEv2
   does not require the use of certificate authentication).  This
   minimal initiator implementation can only talk to a full IKEv2
   implementation acting as responder, thus two minimal initiator
   implementations cannot talk to each other.

   This document does not update or modify RFC 7296, but provides more
   compact description of the minimal version of the protocol.  If this
   document and RFC 7296 conflicts then RFC 7296 is the authoritative
   description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/