Subject: Re: [Lwip] WGLC for draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient

From: Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:37:06 +0100

Hi Folks,

As an editor of this document, I go through the document again, and
have the following comments.

Generally, this document is useful and interesting, and has been
confirmed on several f2f meeting.  Thank the contributors for the
work.

However, I believe there is still space for improvement.  Shamed as an
editor though, I will polish the text with my best.

>Section.1
   In many scenarios, the network systems comprise many battery-powered
   or energy-harvesting devices.  For example, in an environmental
   monitoring system or a temperature and humidity monitoring system in
   a data center, there are no always-on and handy sustained power
   supplies for the potentially large number of constrained devices.  In
   such deployment environments, it is necessary to optimize the energy
   consumption of the entire system, including computing, application
   layer behavior, and lower layer communication.

Comments: This paragraph needs some improvement for clarity.

>3.3.  Throughput

   Although throughput is not typically a key concern in constrained
   node network applications, it is indeed important in some services in
   this kind of networks, such as over-the-air software updates or when
   off-line sensors accumulate measurements that have to be quickly
   transferred when there is a connectivity opportunity.

Comments: this sounds  not useful text.  Readers are expected to know
how to improve the throughput while keeping the devices energy
efficient.

>7 Summary.
This section is very useful in understanding this document.
I do not see a summary of Section. 5, which is an important technique
part of this document.

Best regards
Zhen

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Zhen Cao <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We discussed the draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient in Prague meeting
> ,and the consensus was to proceed to WGLC.
>
> This email starts the WGLC for draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient.
> Please express your opinion before next Friday, i.e., Oct. 23, 2015.
>
> Many thanks,
> Zhen