Subject: [Lwip] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 14:22:08 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-ikev2-minimal/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I question the choice of copying IKEv2 text forward into this document,
at least without clearly marking (and citing) the copied text. What
happens if 7296 gets updated or obsoleted? It seems like that would
effectively fork the protocol. And since this draft does not seem to
distinguish copied text from new text, I wonder if the other authors of
7296 should be considered authors of this document.