Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 05:07:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal ESP
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tobias Guggemos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-09-28

Abstract:
   This document describes a minimal IP Encapsulation Security Payload
   (ESP) defined in RFC 4303.  Its purpose is to enable implementation
   of ESP with a minimal set of options to remain compatible with ESP as
   described in RFC 4303.  A minimal version of ESP is not intended to
   become a replacement of the RFC 4303 ESP.  Instead, a minimal
   implementation is expected to be optimized for constrained
   environment while remaining interoperable with implementations of RFC
   4303 ESP.  In addition, this document also provides some
   considerations to implement minimal ESP in a constrained environment
   which includes limiting the number of flash writes, handling frequent
   wakeup / sleep states, limiting wakeup time, or reducing the use of
   random generation.

   This document does not update or modify RFC 4303, but provides a
   compact description of how to implement the minimal version of the
   protocol.  RFC 4303 remains the authoritative description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/