Subject: [Manet-dt] Originator Address in OLSRv2-00 Messages

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:45:24 -0800

What is the length of the originator-address in OLSRv2 messages?

It looks like 32-bits from appendix D.1. I would expect it to be  
either IPv4, IPv6, or there be a length field somewhere.

Thanks.
Ian

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt

---

From: Thomas Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 21:08:24 +0100

Ian,

The originator address serves with the seq. number to uniquely identify 
the message in the network among all other messages. As such, the only 
requirement is, that it is unique. Since nodes in a MANET have unique 
addresses, that's been the choice rather than to invent a new concept.

Appendix D is not 100% accurate, btw., We've successfully implemented 
OLSRv2 using the "abstract" regexp-like structures in the central part 
of the document, and have made the most effort in keeping those 
correct. App. D will be updated to reflect this.

--thomas