Subject: [manet] RE: [ns] routing costs in ad-hoc routing

From: "David Holmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:38:48 -0500

In wireless ad hoc networks there are no "link" objects because links
are implicit between nodes that are less than a threshold distance away.
I haven't looked at AODV, but I know from personal experience in the
past that DSDV was not designed for non-hop based metrics and requires
tweaking to make it work properly. My intuition is that AODV would
require even more modifications to do the same. Also you'd have to
design your on method of setting link weights in these protocols as
there isn't one currently (only hop based metrics are supported). It is
possible that some of the more advanced link-state protocols, such as
TBRPF or OLSR, might be different and may included the type of
capability you are looking for.

- David Holmer

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Carmelo Ragusa
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 4:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ns] routing costs in ad-hoc routing

Dear all,
I sent an email few days ago, but I didn't receive any answer. I would
appreciate if somebody can give some direction.
Following, there is my previous email.

Many thatnks in advance,
regards,
Carmelo

Dear all,
I need to know how I can access routing costs for ad-hoc routing such as
DSDV or AODV. I've been doing it for wired networks using the command:

[[Simulator instance] link %n1 %n2] cost?

but I couldn't find anything similar for ad-hoc routing.
There is anybody that can help me?

Any hint or direction will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Carmelo

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet