Subject: [manet] Estimate of end-to-end delay

From: "Edwin Chan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:34:21 -0000

Hi all

A similar question appeared some while ago but I haven't seen any reply. So
I'll repeat here.

Is there any algorithm for estimating or predicting end-to-end delay in a
manet? Also how wrong is that if I say the delay is proportional to the hop
count of a path?

Thanks in advance.

Edwin

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "mouna.ayari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:38:08 +0100

Hi Edwin,
I don't know a specific algorithm for estimating or predicting end-to-end delay in manet. However, QOLSR which is an extension of the OLSR routing protocol to support QoS in manets uses an estimation of end to end delay to choose the appropriate route from a source to a destination. QOLSR uses Hello and TC messages to estimate the end-to-end delay. A description of this idea is presented in www.lri.fr/~alagha/OPNET/OLSR.pdf and in dept-info.labri.fr/algotel03/CameraReady/62.ps. I hope that it could help you.
Mouna.
------------------------------------------
> manet? Also how wrong is that if I say the delay is proportional to the hop

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 
3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)

---

From: "mouna.ayari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:04:12 +0100

Hi Edwin,
I don't know a specific algorithm for estimating or predicting end-to-end 
delay in a manet. However, QOLSR which is an extension of the OLSR routing 
protocol to support QoS over manets uses a delay estimation to choose the 
appropriate route between a source and a destination. It uses Hello and TC 
messages to estimate and predict end to end delay. This idea is presented in 
www.lri.fr/~alagha/OPNET/OLSR.pdf and in 
dept-info.labri.fr/algotel03/CameraReady/62.ps. I hope that this information 
could help you.
Mouna.
---------------------------