Subject: [manet] A question of scope

From: "John Mullen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:27:08 -0700

Hi,

We have been studying the MANET problem here and have come to the
conclusion that there is a stochastic component that needs to be managed
However, we are not sure where the management would best be addressed.
In theory, the variability of received power could be managed at the
MAC, link or some sub-MANET protocol layer, but we feel the best
solutions will incorporate integrating the layers and at least some
management by the MANET protocol.

My first question is, would a MANET protocol that differs from others
solely in the manner it deals with this problem of variability in the
received signal be considered a distinct MANET protocol or would it be
better to treat this as a modification that could be applied to a number
of protocols.

My second is, would this be an appropriate topic for this working group
or would it be better addressed in some other forum.

Thanks,

John P. Mullen, Ph.D.
Center for Stochastic Operations Modeling
Industrial Engineering Department
New Mexico State University

Call:  KH6DG
Tel:   (505) 646-2958
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet