Subject: [manet] Glomosim Java Visualization Tool

From: "Justin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:18:59 -0500

Dear all users,

I am a graduate student at North Carolina A&T State University and I am
doing research in the area of wireless networks.  I downloaded GloMoSim
to assist in simulation.  I have successfully compiled and ran GloMoSim
in DOS and have viewed the outputted text file.  

The problem that I am having deals with the Java GUI.  I downloaded the
Java development kit 1.3.  Next I followed the steps in the vis_help
file:

[A] Preliminaries:

    - Make sure that the Java Development Kit (JDK) version 1.2 or
higher

      is installed on your machine. Our VT now base on swing package of
JDK

      If you prefer to use JDK 1.1, you must install the swing package
for

      JDK 1.1. The swing package is included in JDK1.2.

    - Make sure that you have already compiled the GloMoSim source
files.

      (see $glomo/doc/user.txt for more information on compiling
GloMoSim)

    - Compile the Java VT files:

      - cd to the $glomo/java_gui/ directory

      - type: "javac *.java"

[B] Starting the VT:

    - From the $glomo/java_gui/ directory, type: "java GlomoMain &"

[C] An Example Use of the VT:

    - Start up the VT as explained in part b above.

    - Select "Real Time" from the "Simulate" menu.

    - A dialog will pop up asking for the name of the executable to run.

      The default is: "../bin/Sim ../bin/CONFIG.IN"(UNIX) 

      or "..\bin\glomo ..\bin\CONFIG.IN"(Windows NT);

      Click the "OK" button to continue.

After performing the step in part [B] the GUI successfully opens and I
proceed to step [C].  But when I select "Real Time" from the "Simulate"
menu, I choose the correct files to execute and then nothing happens.  I
have also tried to perform the "Write Trace" option with no output.  The
trace file that I try to play back is empty.

Can you please help me resolve this issue or give me some suggestions?
Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Justin Taylor

Graduate Research Assistant

North Carolina A&T State University

---

From: Suprio Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:06:39 -0800 (PST)

I also faced similar problem. The solution that worked for me was that I
specified the FULL paths of  all files like  app.conf in the config.in
file. See if it works for you.

Best of luck.

-Suprio
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

> North Carolina A&T State University

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Mohammad Aminul Haq <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:03:47 +0900

Two solutions:

1. is to copy the configuration files (nodes.input, mobility.in, 
app.conf and config.in) to java_gui directory. 

2. is to specify in the VT the 
full path where the configuration file (CONFIG.IN) is located.
However in this case, full paths of all secondary configuration
files should also be specified in the CONFIG.IN file.

You can have a look in Glomosim-Users-L Mailing list.

-Aminul.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:18:59 -0500
"Justin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Dear all users,

[A] Preliminaries:

      - type: "javac *.java"

[B] Starting the VT:

Justin Taylor

 

-- 
Mohammad Aminul Haq <[email-masked]>