Subject: [manet] Call for participation: Trusted Internet Workshop (TIW03)

From: Surendar Chandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:25:44 -0500

{Please accept our apologies if you  receive multiple copies of this CFP}

Dear Colleague,
 
Enclosed below please find the Call for Participation for the Second
International Trusted Internet Workshop (TIW) 2003 to be held in
conjunction with Intl. Conference on High-Performance Computing on
December 17, 2003 in Hyderabad, INDIA.

For complete information about the upcoming conference, please visit:
    http://www.ee.iastate.edu/~gmani/tiw-2003

We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this Call for
Participation.  Please feel free to distribute it to those who might
be interested.

Very truly yours,

Prof. G. Manimaran ([email-masked])
Prof. C. Sivaram Murthy ([email-masked])
Prof. Krishna Sivalingam ([email-masked])

==========================================================================
			CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

      Second International Trusted Internet Workshop (TIW) 2003

Held in conjunction with Intl. Conference on High-Performance Computing 2003
			  December 17, 2003
			   Hyderabad, INDIA

	    URL: http://www.ee.iastate.edu/~gmani/tiw-2003

   Registration, Travel and Accommodation Information available at:
			 http://www.hipc.org

		For more information, please contact:
Prof. Manimaran ([email-masked]) and Prof. Sivalingam ([email-masked])
=========================================================================

                                   SCOPE
				   -----

  In recent years, there has been a tremendous push from both civil
  and military communities for next generation applications demanding
  Quality of Service (QoS), reliability, and security guarantees.  The
  goal of Trusted Internet workshop is to provide a forum for
  researchers and practitioners to present and discuss their work and
  exchange ideas in the areas of Internet QoS, Internet Reliability,
  and Internet Security. To achieve this goal, this workshop presents
  a collection of high-quality papers on various aspects of the
  Trusted Internet.

*********************************************************************
PRELIMINARY TECHNICAL PROGRAM

Session 1: Introduction and Keynote (Time: 9.00 AM - 9.45 AM)
Introduction: General Chairs

Keynote Talk: QoS and Security in Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks
        Prof. Prasant Mohapatra, Univ. of California, Davis, USA

Mobile ad-hoc and sensor networks belong to the class of infrastructure-
less wireless networks, which do not need any fixed infrastructure for
operations. Mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) have use in battlefields,
disaster recovery areas, inter-communication between islands or in
difficult terrains, and conferencing with any infrastructure support.
Sensor networks have a wide range of applications ranging from monitoring
environments, sensitive installations, and remote data collection and
analysis. Research and development in the areas of infrastructure-less
wireless networks have been advancing at a fast pace and more efforts need
to be dedicated in this direction for wide-scale adoption and deployment.
In this talk we will overview issues and challenges in EQT (read as
EQUITY): Energy, QoS, and Trust aspects of the infrastructure-less
networks. These issues are very critical in addition to the routing and
performance aspects of these networks. In this talk, we will overview
various EQT issues and will explore the future challenges in these areas.

Session 2: Multicast in WDM Networks (Time: 9.45 AM - 10.30 AM)
Session Chair: TBA

Reliability-Constrained Least-Cost Multicast Routing in WDM Optical
			Networks
       Chava Vijaya Saradhi, Mohan Gurusamy, and Zhou Luying (NUS,
       Singapore)

Multicast Traffic Routing in IP-over-WDM Networks
	  Niladhuri Sreenath (Pondicherry Engg. College, India) and
	  C. Siva Ram Murthy (IIT Madras, India)

Break: 10.30 AM -- 11.00 AM

Session 3: Internet Security and QoS (Time: 11.00 AM - 1.00 PM)
Session Chair: TBA

Trust Analysis of Link State Network Routing
       Dijiang Huang, Deep Medhi, Cory Beard, and Lein Harn (Univ. of
       Missouri-Kansas City, USA)

Security modeling and quantification of intrusion tolerant systems
       Bharat Madan and Kishore Trivedi (Duke University, USA)

Trojan Detection using Time Fingerprints in a Self Checking Signature
Scheme
       M.F. Abdulla (University of Yemen, Yemen) and C. P. Ravikumar (Texas
       Instruments, India)

Ensuring Fault-Tolerance in Group Key Distribution using Multicast Group
Characteristics
       H. Seba, A. Bouabdallah and N. Badache (Univ. Tech. Compiegne,
       France)

Virtual video caching: A scalable and generic techniques for improved
quality of video service
       S. P. Pal, R. R. Suman, G. S. Anil Kumar, and R. Malhotra (IIT
       Kharagpur, India)

*********************************************************************

			 ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
			 --------------------

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS
-----------------

 G. Manimaran                                              
 Assistant Professor
 Dept. of ECpE
 Iowa State University
 Ames, IA 50011, USA
 Phone: 515 294 9175   
 Fax: 515 294 8432 
 Email: [email-masked]                              

 C. Siva Ram Murthy
 Professor 
 Department of Computer Science
 IIT Chennai (formerly Madras)
 Chennai -  600 036, INDIA
 Email: [email-masked]

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR
-----------------------

 Krishna Sivalingam 
 Associate Professor
 Department of CSEE
 1000 Hilltop Circle
 University of Maryland Baltimore County 
 Baltimore, MD 21250 
 Email: [email-masked]
 Phone: 1-410-455-3961
 Fax: 1-410-455-3969

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE 
---------------------------

Albert Banchs, NEC Europe, Germany
Abdelmadjid Bouabdallah, UTC, France
Anirban Chakrabarti, Iowa State University, USA
Surendar Chandra, Univ. of Notre Dame, USA
Mohan Gurusamy, NUS, Singapore
Rajeev Kumar, IIT Kharagpur, India
Padma Mundur, UMBC, USA
Prasant Mohapatra, University of California, Davis, USA
Sudebkumar Prasant Pal, IIT Kharagpur, India
Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska, USA
Aaron Striegel, University of Notre Dame, USA
Suresh Subramaniam, George Washington University, USA

PUBLICITY CHAIR
---------------

   Prof. Surendar Chandra, Univ. of Notre Dame, USA

REGISTRATION INFORMATION: www.hipc.org

======================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet