Subject: [manet] Call for papers: Workshop on Multihop Wireless Networks

From: "Asis Nasipuri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:07:26 -0500

*********************Call for Papers************************

********** WORKSHOP ON MULTIHOP WIRELESS NETWORKS **********

                 in conjunction with
23rd IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications 
                  Conference (IPCCC)

          April 14-17, 2004, Phoenix, Arizona 

PROGRAM CHAIR:

Asis Nasipuri, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
([email-masked])

SCOPE:

Multihop networking has experienced rapid growth in the last decade 
with applications ranging from battlefield and disaster area networking 
to wireless LANs for the home and offices. Recent technological 
developments have led to newer possibilities for applications such as 
networking of large arrays of wireless sensors and development of 
wireless community networks. However, design of multihop networks 
continue to pose a myriad of challenging problems that exist across 
multiple disciplines. These include issues in the physical layer, 
network protocol development, operating system, low-power circuit 
design, signal processing, and distributed algorithms.

The objective of this workshop is to bring together researchers on 
different aspects of the current issues on multihop wireless wireless
networks with special emphasis on performance modeling and protocol 
development. We encourage submission of high-quality papers that report 
original work in both theoretical and experimental research areas.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Physical layer design
- Medium Access Control
- Routing
- Network Control and Management
- Operating system and middleware
- Data storage and database
- Energy conservation techniques
- Distributed and collaborative algorithms for multihop networks
- Signal processing techniques
- Performance evaluation and modeling of multihop networks
- Security issues
- Network reliability/survivability
- Multimedia and QoS
- Testbed results
- Applications

DATES:

 Deadlines for Submissions:  December 6, 2003
 Notification of Acceptance: December 29, 2003 
 Camera-Ready Copy Received: January 26, 2004
 Workshop:                   April 14-17, 2004

SUBMISSION:

Submit an extended abstract not exceeding 8 pages, including figures. 
A cover page containing the title, authors, descriptive keywords, and 
contact information of the corresponding author must be included. 
Postscript or Adobe pdf format are preferred. Submit by e-mail to 
the Workshop Chair ([email-masked]). 

PAPERS:

Papers must represent original work that has not been published in any 
other forum. All submitted papers will be refereed for originality, 
quality, contribution, and relevance to the scope of this workshop. At 
least one author must register for the conference by paying the full 
(non-student) registration fee and present the paper at the conference 
venue. All accepted papers will be published in the IPCCC proceedings 
by the IEEE press. Accepted papers will be limited to 6 pages in 
standard IEEE format.

For any further information, please check the workshop  web  page  at 
http://www.ece.uncc.edu/~anasipur/MWN/index.html or the IPCCC web page 
(http://www.ipccc.org) or send e-mail to the program chair.

Dr. Asis Nasipuri

Electrical & Computer Engineering
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001

Phone: 704-687-3876
Fax:    704-687-2352
URL:   www.ece.uncc.edu/~anasipur

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet