Subject: [manet] Priority Scheduling Paper - MobhiHoc 2002

From: Vijayanand Ballapuram <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:21:12 -0500

Dear Members and Authors,

I am a graduate student at Virginia Tech and will present the paper “Priority 
Scheduling in Wireless Adhoc Networks” from MobiHoc 2002 ( Xue Yang, Nitin 
Vaidya) in our research group this Monday, Nov 17.

I have following questions from the paper:

1) Section 4.3: Talks about Occupancy of data channel using black burst.
 I can’t understand problem solved by implementing blackburst.
 
Paper explains the below reasons for implementing blackburst.
“During the channel access procedure described above, a
station may transmit BT1 or BT2. However, the same sta-
tion could be the receiver of a high priority packet for which an RTS may be 
transmitted while it is sending BT1 or BT2.Since a station cannot receive 
while it is transmitting, the high priority packet intended for this station 
will be missed during its busy tone transmission.

If the black burst are not received by stations sending BT2 what will happen?

If blackburst is not implemented, low priority stations will miss RTS from 
High priority stations while it is sending BT2. Since, CTS will not be sent, 
high priority stations will send RTS again.

2)	Want to know more understanding of Busy tone (BT1 and BT2) and blackburst..
               Busy tone – 10 us , like a pulse.
               Need more infor about its properties?

               Blackburst – 2 slot time. Is it a Pulse or other?
	  Need more information.

3) Its is said in many places in the paper, the transmissions are deferred for 
CTS timeout duration.? More information about this is required? What is the 
advantage of deferring by exactly CTS timeout duration.

4)Need more explanation an information of Conflict graph shown in page 7.

Thanks,

Vijay

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet