Subject: RE: [manet] Mobile agents

From: "Marwaha Shivanajay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:07:50 +0800

Hi,

You may look at this work that we did sometime ago using mobile agents
based routing combined with reactive routing to develop a hybrid routing
scheme:

"Mobile Agents based Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", 
Proceedings of IEEE GLOBECOM 2002, 17-21 Nov 2002, Taipei, Taiwan

Well in my view mobile agents may not be able to perform very good with
very high mobility, for that reactive routing is the answer as it
(mobile agents based routing or proactive routing) may not be able to
cope up with the mobility and the routes would become invalid very soon.

But when you consider scalability in terms of network size, reactive
routing may not yield the best results (at least in terms of route
discovery latency) and hence there have been many previous studies on
hybrid routing schemes such as Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP) and Ant-AODV
hybrid routing etc. Mobile agents based routing or hybrid routing would
make a good case where route discovery is required to be fast. Consider
a simple case where a para-medic is waiting for a long route to be
discovered (when a pure reactive routing scheme is used) in order to
call the ambulance for an emergency and the patient is waiting along
side.

Regards,
Shivanajay

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
moez gadri
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 6:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] Mobile agents

Hi every body,

I'm interrested to using mobile agents to improve routing mecanisms for
MANETs. for exemple we can use them to minimise the time latency due to
route recovery in reactive protocols. can agents improve any other
drowback, for example ameliore the scalability to mobility, ...

if anyone have an idea in this subject, please send it to me.

best regards .

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Einar Vollset <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:01:24 +0000

Hey,

The following paper describe a mobile agent approach to achieving  
self-stabilizing
group comms you might find relevant if you like me have interests 
slightly outside
pure best-effort unicast routing:

Shlomi Dolev, Elad Schiller, and Jennifer Welch. “Random Walk for 
Self-Stabilizing Group Communication in Ad-Hoc Networks,” Proc. of the 
21st IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2002) pp. 
70-79. In addition, appears in PODC 2002 pp. 259.

Cheers,

Einar

----------------------------------------
Einar Vollset
PhD Student
School of Computing Science
University of Newcastle, UK
http://vollset.org
-----------------------------------------

On Wednesday, Nov 5, 2003, at 13:07 Europe/London, Marwaha Shivanajay