Subject: [mediactrl] SIP Control Framework and IVR Package

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:59:19 GMT

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Hi All,

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>A small group has just submitted two new drafts and
would like expert opinion/review from the ‘Mediactrl’ mailing
list.  The following provides a brief introduction to the technology
contained within the two specifications:-

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>- A Control Framework
for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Abstract

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>This document describes a Framework and protocol for
application deployment where the application logic and processing are
distributed.  The framework uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to
establish an application-level control mechanism between Application Servers
and tightly associated external Servers e.g.Media Server.

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>The motivation for the creation of this Framework is
to provide an interface suitable to meet the requirements of a distributed,
centralized conference system, as defined by the XCON work group of the
IETF.  It is not, however, limited to this scope and it is envisioned that
this generic Framework will be used for a wide variety of de-coupled control
architectures between network entities.

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>- An Interactive
Voice (IVR) Control Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Abstract

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>This document defines a Session Initiation (SIP)
Control Package for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) interaction.  The
control of Media Servers and their related resources in decomposed network
architectures plays an important role in various Next Generation
Networks.  This Control Package aims to fulfill IVR requirements using the
SIP Control Framework [7].

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Until the drafts appear in the archives, they will be
available from the following links:-

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'><a
href="http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-00.txt">http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-00.txt

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'><a
href="http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-00.html">http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-00.html

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>and

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'><a
href="http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-00.txt">http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-00.txt

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'><a
href="http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-00.html">http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-00.html

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>More packages to follow in the New Year to expand and
provide proof points for the Control Framework as well as strengthening the
Media Server Control proposal (e.g. package for Conference support).

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Mr Burger, the authors would be grateful if you could
include these drafts on the Media Control web pages and remove Media Server
Request Protocol. 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Seasons Greetings to all,

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>The Authors.

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> 

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding. Thank-you

---

From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:18:50 GMT

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Posted to the supplemental page, <a
href="http://flyingfox.snowshore.com/i-d/mediactrl/">http://flyingfox.snowshore.com/i-d/mediactrl/.

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> 

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I understand the motivation for the
framework for a control framework.

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> 

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I don’t get the IVR draft.

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> 

<font size=3
face="Times New Roman">

<span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:<font size=2
face=Tahoma> <st1:PersonName
w:st="on">Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005
6:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: McGlashan, Scott; Tim
Melanchuk; Asher Shiratzky; Burger, Eric; [email-masked]; Dolly, Martin C, ALABS
Subject: SIP Control Framework and
IVR Package

<span style='font-size:
12.0pt'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>- A Control
Framework for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

<span lang=EN-GB

<span lang=EN-GB

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>This document defines a Session Initiation (SIP) Control
Package for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) interaction.  The control of
Media Servers and their related resources in decomposed network architectures
plays an important role in various Next Generation Networks.  This Control
Package aims to fulfill IVR requirements using the SIP Control Framework [7].

<span style='font-size:
12.0pt'>

<span
style='font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana'>Information contained in this
e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and
may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All
unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited  If you
are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed
by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication
shall be deemed to be legally binding. Thank-you