Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Mixer package (RTP/RTCP) question

From: "Krishna Prasad Kalluri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:52:45 +0200

Hi Roni,

You are active in mediactrl and avt groups. I would like to ask a
questions.

In Mixer package related video Mixing (Not sure I should call this as
video mixing or video conferencing) there are some commands (xml
elements) defined.
1) video-layout 2) video-switch

With respect to above commands what is the RTCP and RTP behavior?

>From RFC 3550 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3550.txt)

Section 7.1 gives the information about RTP handling in Mixer. The
interesting thing in this is SSRC. For both video mixing commands
described in mixer package does the behavior is same with respect to
SSRC? i.e. MS sets its SSRC for the RTP data packets or not?

RTCP handling in mixer was described in Section 7.3. Both video mixing
commands should use the same behavior with respect to RTCP reports. I
mean do we need to make any differences with respect to RTCP handling
for video-layout and video-switching?

Audio-mixing is clear with respect to RTP and RTCP. As it is more inline
with the mixer definition in RFC 3550

Thank
Krishna
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl