Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Auditing of MS properties

From: "Krishna Prasad Kalluri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:04:56 +0200

Hello,

This is related to the auditing of MS level properties. I would like to
take the opinion of chairs and work group.

In IVR package and mixer package there is auditing of codecs and media
types.
Auditing of codecs, mediatypes are Media Server level capabilities. 

What is the purpose to keep codecs audit inside a control package? Are
the supported codecs different for different control packages?
On the other hand I see its a lot of duplication in each package. 
Assume I am writing 'xyz' package. If I like to know the codecs
supported in MS then I have to include the codecs audit procedure. 

What I am saying is ivr(mixer) package is auditing the capabilities
which are not really the scope of ivr(mixer) package.
Please refer the example in section 4.4.2 of IVR package. The
description of the capabilities element says "element describing the
capabilities of the package". So codecs are reported inside the mscivr
package capabilities. 
I think codecs and media types are MS capabilities rather than specific
to a control package.

I propose to keep a separate package to audit MS level capabilities.

Regards
Krishna

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl