Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Media Control Channel Framwork

From: "Krishna Prasad Kalluri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 15:42:00 +0200

Hi Chris,
 
I would like to see some information about event subscription also. I
didn't find any information about event subscription in the document.
 
Regards
Krishna

________________________________

From: Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: den 4 juni 2008 10:43
To: Krishna Prasad Kalluri; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] Media Control Channel Framwork

[Chris Boulton] Hi Krishma - some comments in-line.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I have some comments/questions about event notification.

Section 6.3.1: The first statement (... such as invoking commands or
notifying events ...) sounds like control client sends events to control
server. Is this correct? 

[Chris Boulton] remember these are logical roles.  If a package installs
a subscription at an entity then it can generate notifications using
CONTROL messages.  While generating the notification CONTROL message the
logical roles have flipped for the transaction.  So in that case the
entity that received and installed the subscription is now acting as a
control client.  There are rules in the control package template that
restrict how messages can be used in packages.

Control server can also send CONTROL command for instance to send the
events. I can't find this information in the document.

[Chris Boulton] then maybe we need some more text.  Events are simply
modeled as XML within CONTROL messages and so are package dependant.

Section 6.3.2: In the second Para  "This allows both extended
transactions and event notifications to be correlated with the original
CONTROL transaction"  

If I understand correctly event notifications are done with the CONTROL
command from control server (the change from "00" version is event
notifications are tied to CONTROL )

[Chris Boulton] Yes - this is a left over and needs removing.

So event notifications has no relation with the REPORT transactions.

[Chris Boulton] Agreed - just left over from a change in event
mechanism.

In general there is no (or very very little) information about event
notification. Event notification is done from Control Server to Control
Client with the CONTROL command. I understood this after reading the
examples in ivr-control package. May be you can add a small section and
example for the event notification mechanism in sip-control-framework
document.

[Chris Boulton] Agreed that we can add some high level text to make it
clearer.

Regards

Krishna

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Chris Boulton
Sent: den 27 maj 2008 12:47
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Media Control Channel Framwork

Greetings fellow media controllers,

As a result of Ben Campbell's excellent RAI expert review (thanks again
Ben) I will be compiling a new version of the Media Control Channel
Framework document shortly.  I would strongly encourage this group to
review the document and provide feedback as we hope to move to the WGLC
stage soon.  The '02' version of the document can be retrieved from
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-fra
mework-02.txt.

If you do intend reviewing - then please drop me a note and I will
synchronise the work appropriately.

Thanks.

Chris.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl