Subject: [Mip6] fw: I-D ACTION:draft-muhanna-mip6-binding-revocation-00.txt

From: "DENG, HUI -HCHBJ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:26:10 +0800

Dear Authors,

I have one simple question about this draft,
In the figure 1 and 2, why this message start from bit 0 other than 16?

Thanks

-Hui

Disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail, and its attachments, if any, are confidential and may be protected
by law against any unauthorized use.  If you have received this e-mail by mistake or have
reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply
e-mail as soon as possible and delete it from your computer system immediately thereafter.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this e-mail or attachment or disclose
the contents to any other person.  While we have made every effort to keep our network virus free,
we take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:28:08 -0500

Hi Hui,

Thanks a lot, that is a good catch. I actually do not know how this
slipped. I went back to my record of earlier internal versions of the
draft which actually reflect what you exactly just pointed out. Since
this is an error, we already posted a new revision of the draft with the
changes captured below:

BRI: Figure 1 should have looked like this:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                       |           Sequence #          |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |P|A|G|                         Reserved                        |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                                                               |
       .                                                               .
       .                        Mobility options                       .
       .                                                               .
       |                                                               |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

              Figure 1: Binding Revocation Indication Message

BRA: Figure 2 should have looked like this:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                       |           Sequence #          |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |   Status      |P|                  Reserved                   |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                                                               |
       .                                                               .
       .                        Mobility options                       .
       .                                                               .
       |                                                               |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

           Figure 2: Binding Revocation Acknowledgement Message

Regards,
Ahmad

> -----Original Message-----
> From: DENG, HUI -HCHBJ [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 3:26 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Mip6] fw: I-D 
> ACTION:draft-muhanna-mip6-binding-revocation-00.txt
> 
> Dear Authors,
> 
> I have one simple question about this draft, In the figure 1 
> and 2, why this message start from bit 0 other than 16?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> -Hui
> 
> 
> Disclaimer:
> The contents of this e-mail, and its attachments, if any, are 
> confidential and may be protected by law against any 
> unauthorized use.  If you have received this e-mail by 
> mistake or have reason to believe that you are not the 
> intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply e-mail 
> as soon as possible and delete it from your computer system 
> immediately thereafter.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this 
> e-mail or attachment or disclose the contents to any other 
> person.  While we have made every effort to keep our network 
> virus free, we take no responsibility for any computer virus 
> which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.
>