Subject: [mpls-tp] 转发: Re: comments for draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-02

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:29:28 +0800

Sami:
 you only reply my first question. for second problem, at OLB mode, can 
other traffic packet except OAM control packets be intercepted at loopback 
point? if your answer is no, it isn't necessary for loopback points to 
indentify and judge what type of packet.only loopback all packets which 
will be intercepted by TTL expires.
is my understand true?
regards 
liu

Sami Boutros <[email-masked]> 
2009-03-28 00:24

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked]
主题
Re: comments for draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-02

At 07:42 PM 3/26/2009, [email-masked] wrote:

Sami: 
 thank for your interepret, I have a question to ask you, this TTL field 
is in outside label or GAL label? 
 whether other traffic packet will be intercepted by intermediate LSR ? 

I meant TTL field is on the top label.

Thanks,

Sami

  regards 
  liu 

Sami Boutros <[email-masked]> 

2009-03-27 03:55 
æ”¶ä»¶äºº
[email-masked] 
æŠ„é€
[email-masked] 
ä¸»é¢˜
Re: comments for draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-02 

Hi Liu

At 01:01 AM 3/26/2009, [email-masked] wrote:

SamiÂ£Âº 
I have a question about Loopback draft to need your explain and admission. 

 section 1 Introduction: 
   for OLB: C loops only the OAM control packets (those OAM control 
packets 
     will be identified by an ACH code point and will be generated 
     by node A) back to A, and all other packets from A are sent 
     towards C. We refer to this mode "OAM Loopback" (OLB). 
   those OAM control packets may be identified by special label GAL too, 
while you only say the OAM control packets 
    will be identified by an ACH code point. whether you are against 
applying GAL identifed OAM packet? 

A GAL label needs to exist in the OAM pkt for an MPLS LSP in the presence 
of an ACH.
But an OAM pkt at an intermediate LSR will only be intercepted if the TTL 
expires.

     for red line, maybe change " and all other packets from A sent 
towards D"; 

   another part:If the MPLS-TP LSP was previously locked, A sends another 
MPLS Loopback request message to D to unlock it. 
    question: when A sends another Loopback request message to D to unlock 
it, whether to need to add the following sentence at the end : D sends 
loopback response message to A to ACK/NCK it? 

  i don't know whether my understanding is true? 

Correct the unlock need to be ACKed.

Thanks,

Sami

  regards 
   liu 

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy
and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy
and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam
system.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.