Subject: Question about Label Distribution Peers

From: Stephen Su <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:42:45 -0700

Hi all,

I have a question in regarding to section 4.1.2.1 of 
"draft-ietf-mpls-arch-07.txt". Could someone explain (perhaps
with an example) the following?

      2. R1's route to X is a route which it learned about by some
         instance of routing algorithm A1, and that route is
         redistributed into an instance of routing algorithm A2, and R2
         is a neighbor of R1 in that instance of A2

Thanks,
-Stephen

---

From: Zaheer Aziz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 17:02:23 -0700

>         is a neighbor of R1 in that instance of A2 

for example,

X---RIP---R1--OSPF-----R2

R1 learns X via RIP and R1 redistribute that via OSPF to R2. R1 are R2 are OSPF neighbors.

A1 is RIP
A2 is OSPF in my example

Zaheer