Subject: RE: [IP-Optical] RE: Optical link bundling. Was Re: Draft Minutes From Pittsburgh

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:28:54 +0100

From Alex=>
> Anybody minds if we take if off the list if the discussion
> is not over yet?
> 
	I don't think the debate is *over*, indeed I don't think it has even
begun properly.....but it needs other operator views, and not simply those
discussing it so far who clearly hold stong convictions.  I have had several
private mails on this topic supporting the points I have made and I wish
these people would state their positions openly.......however, one cannot
force this, but without it I agree that continued debate on the list is
somewhat futile (and not really what it should be used for).

	neil

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:18:04 -0700

Neil, Darren:

I think at this point, the discussion is indeed at a stage
where no practical results are seen.

So, maybe it would be more constructive if you document your assumptions,
understanding of the current situation, required functionality and
concerns you have. This would be very valuable, I guess, and would
let people express their opinion. Such a document could serve as
a basis for [hopefully] more productive discussion.

If e-mail does not work out, I think we can always schedule a BOF-like
meeting (not necessarily at an IETF one). Face-to-face always works
better.

Regards,

Alex.