Subject: Question

From: Manal Afify <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:38:30 -0400

As a general question:

	How does an LSR know when to swap, pop, or push a label...does it have
to be provisioned?

Thanx

MA

---

From: Ramanjaneyulu Y T <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:31:36 +0530 (IST)

hi,
 Each LSR maintains table , when LSR recieves MPLS packet it conatins
incoming label, which indexed into table. The table conatils next outgoing
label and operations performed on incoimg label .So while binding labels
only one has to take care of operation.

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:44:19 -0400

> How does an LSR know when to swap, pop, or push a label...does it have

It's not provisioned.  It is signalled.  The routers dynamically
configure themselves to do this in reponse to the signalling packets
(LDP or RSVP) that are used to establish the LSP in the first place.

-- David