Subject: RIP TE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:19:19 +0200

Hi all,
        I'm quite sure that this is a stupid question, but just to be sure, why does not exist any extension to RIP for traffic engineering?

Thanx in advance.

Roberto Rutigliano
_________________________________________________________________________
Vuoi essere avvisato via SMS quando c'è posta per te ?
Con l'email di Ciaoweb puoi: http://www.ciaoweb.it/email/r1.asp

---

From: Eric Osborne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:22:53 -0400

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 05:19:19PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi all,
>         I'm quite sure that this is a stupid question, but just to
>         be sure, why does not exist any extension to RIP for traffic
>         engineering?

Becuase in order to do TE you need to have a picture of what the whole 
network looks like, which means you need a link-state protocol like
IS-IS and OSPF.  Otherwise, you start talking about TE protocols that
look a lot like PNNI....:)

eric