Subject: ICMP message body size

From: 손명희 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:52:00 +0900

Hello, everyone.
 
I have some question about ICMP Extensions for MPLS.
In order to obtain with most people this draft must be needed to follow
RFC-1812
because common ICMP data field size is 28bytes(ip header : 20bytes +
ULP data : 8bytes) in RFC-792, is it right?
 
RFC-1812 says that ICMP datagram should contain as much of the original
datagram
as possible without the length of the ICMP datagram exceeding 576 bytes.
According to this draft the final field of the ICMP must contain the
first 128 bytes of the original message, how do you decide the number
of 128  and can you explain the base of that number in detail ?
 
Best regards,
Myunghee, Son.