Subject: Abt. installation of MPLS patch from wisconsin by james leu!

From: Pranoop Erasani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:36:57 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

  I'm trying to install the MPLS patch along with the linuy-2.4.0-test7
kernel .
  I followed the instructions in the QUICK.START and executed mplsadm
command to create a label space on interface "eth0". But I didn't see the
files "mpls_in" , "mpls_out" in the /proc/net directory. Am I missing
something ??

  The patch got installed correctly. How do I check that labels are being
inserted before the IP header. 
  Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,
Pranoop

---

From: "Arni Raghu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 01:56:55 -0400

I am not sure if this is the right mailing list..maybe mpls-ops..pls move
this thread there..for now I am replying on this mailing list..

answering you question..are u sure you are using the patched kernel..?? pls
check you kernel symbols to ensure this..do u see any mpls in the kernel
synmols at all..

also showing us how you ran mplsadm would sure help..

Use ethereal to see if you packets are being labeled..

hth,
A