Subject: RE: VPN solution - White flag ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:33:25 -0000

> > you're expecting customers to manage the routers themselves.
> 
> nope.  we're selling a managed service, whether it's at the cpe or in
> aggregation.
Randy....given my previous mail......ie I am still unclear on what
QoS/availability SLAs MPLS and IPSec based VPNs will provide, since I don't
fully understand the likely outage behaviour for various defects.......have
you therefore got these nailed down for IPSec?  And are there any
objective/metric relationships in acccess/national_core/international
portions of some global reference network?  

thanks, neil

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:48:42 -0800

> I am still unclear on what QoS/availability SLAs MPLS and IPSec based VPNs
> will provide

it is probably best to wander over to the nbvpn list.