Subject: Query about COPS USAGE in MPLS DOMAIN

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:16:47 +0530 (IST)

I am currently working on a Project which involves setting up the
software running in a LSR with support for Traffic Engineering.
 The core protocols involved are MPLS and signalling thru RSVP-TE

But to achieve traffic engineering we  also need to incorporate the policy
info in the routers. Let say that policy info is stored at a central PDP
  Now when we are talking about TE environment  we have to keep tha
current usage of each LSPs, The maximaum bandiwdth an LSP can  support etc
.

  Now i want to know whether this info has to be stored at  the PDP or at
the local LSR itself. That is any info about resources used by any
LSR  stored at the PDP ????

I am confused

THankx in advance 

Yours sincerely
PRAS

                 
                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-\_|</ /)))
              (\\\\ \_/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ \_/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        \_    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|\__,_| \_/ \___|   \__,_|  |_| |_|_|\___\___|   \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
*************************************************************************