Subject: Additional info for my previous question on LMP test/teststatussu ccess RE: Test message in LMP

From: "Huang, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:59:46 -0800

My question in the previous email are referring to non-packet link media
type, such as TDM, lamda, FR or ATM.
/Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Huang, Thomas [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 8:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Test message in LMP

Authors of LMP and all:

In LMP draft, section 8.1.3.5 Test Message and section 8.1.3.6
TestStatusSuccess showed a method to test the connectivity of a link of some
type.

Could someone help me and explain how this test message is transmitted over
the link to the far-end and far-end decode this message and then ack back?

I am familar with the COT testing for trunks done in voice network.  It
seems awefully difficult to do what the draft suggested here.

Regards,
Thomas