Subject: Different access for MPLS/BGP VPN hosts

From: Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:18:42 +0530

Hello,

Can anybody tell me how we will be able to use both public network and VPN
at the same time from a single host? 
				Or 
is it that at a time we can use only VPN and will not be able to use Public
network from that system?

If we are able to use both of them at the same time then how will we
identify the session in the CE router?

Please refer to the following figure for more information

---

From: Jieyun Jessica Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 06:39:03 -0700

Some VPN routers is able to identify if a packet is destined to public
Internet or VPN by looking at the destination address of a packet. Then it
will send the packet to the public internet or VPN accordingly. 

By the way, [email-masked] is probably more appropriate to send this kind of
vpn related message rather than mpls mailing list.

cheers!

                                                  --Jessica
-----Original Message-----
From: Sridhar [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2000 5:49 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Different access for MPLS/BGP VPN hosts

Hello,