Subject: clarification in draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-07.txt

From: "Manikantan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:58:02 +0530

Hello

I have the following doubt in <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-07.txt>.

Can someone please clarify me. Thanks.

1) mplsLdpEntityTable provides support for the creation of an LDP entity at
an LSR. In MplsLdpEntityEntry there exists MIB objects for configuring a
Targeted peer associated with the LDP entity.

My understanding/assumption was that a LDP Entity can have one or more
Targeted peers. Suppose if the LDP entity has more than one Targeted peer,
how this be configured? Should a new LDP entity be created for each Targeted
Peer that is accessible from an LSR?

2) The second paragraph - (reproduced below ) in section 3.7.1 is incomplete
and hence bit confusing.

---------
   The 'mplsLdpEntityFailedInitSessionTrapEnable' object is used to
   enable or disable the sending of the If enabled, then this trap is
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                    --->
not clear
   sent when the 'mplsLdpEntityFailedInitSessionThreshold' is exceeded.
   This notification should indicate to the operator that there may be a
   misconfigured mplsLdpEntityEntry because the session associated with
   this Entity is not being established, and the Entity keeps trying to
   establish the session.  A side effect of this situation is that a row
   in the mplsLdpSessionTable may not be reaching the operational state
   as indicated by the
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^            ---> Sentence not ended.
------

thanks in advance
with best regards
mani
-----------------------------------------
S.Manikantan
Future Software Limited
480-481, Anna Salai,
Nandanam, Chennai, India.
Zip (PIN CODE) : 600 035
Phone          : 91-44-4330550
Fax            : 91-44-4344157
email          : [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------

---

From: "Cucchiara, Joan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:16:53 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Manikantan S [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 2:28 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: clarification in draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-07.txt
> 
> 
> Hello
> 

Hello,

There should be an entry in the LDP entity table (mplsLdpEntityTable)
for each potential Session that you want to set up.  If using 
Targetted Hello's then that would mean one as it would be to a
specific address (or essentially a specific next-hop Peer).

>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^          

yes, it should have or "disable the sending of the 
mplsLdpEntityFailedInitSessionThresholdExceeded trap. If enabled..."
                                                
>           --->

"mplsLdpSessionState."

Sorry about that.  Not sure why it didn't make it into the
draft.  It is correct in the nroff version but not in the
text.

  -Thanks, Joan