Subject: draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:00:13 -0700

Folks,

Kireeti, Lou, and myself would like to ask the MPLS WG to accept
draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt as an MPLS WG document.

Yakov.   

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 02 Oct 2000 06:51:59 -0400
From:    [email-masked]
To:      IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Bundling in MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella, Y. Rekhter, L. Berger
	Filename	: draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 29-Sep-00
	
In some cases a pair of Label Switching Routers (LSRs) may be
connected by several (parallel) links.  From the MPLS Traffic
Engineering point of view for reasons of scalability it may be
desirable to advertise all these links as a single link into OSPF
and/or IS-IS.  This document describes how to accomplish this.  This
document also defines corresponding signaling (RSVP-TE) support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Bala Rajagopalan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:08:27 -0400

Hello,

Debanjan Saha and myself are submitting
a revised version of our bundling draft, draft-rs-optical-bundling-01.txt.
I would like a discussion of this draft in the working group
prior to deciding whether draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt
should be a working group draft.

Regards,

Bala

--

Bala Rajagopalan
Tellium, Inc.
2 Crescent Place
P.O. Box 901
Oceanport, NJ 07757-0901
Tel: (732) 923-4237
Fax: (732) 923-9804
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 19:35:47 -0700

Hi Bala,

> a revised version of our bundling draft, draft-rs-optical-bundling-01.txt.

Do you have an ETA for this?

Thanks,
Kireeti.