Subject: Question about LSP ID and Tunnel ID

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:00:16 +0530 (IST)

I have one question about RSVP-TE:-

The extensions to RVP-TE has the following additional objects:

LSP_TUNNEL_IPv4 SenderTemplate Object which contains the LSP ID

LSP_TUNNEL_IPv4 Session Object which contains the Tunnel ID.

When ever RSVP-TE gets a new request (a Microflow) it has to pass this
microflow into either an exisitng LSP or create a new LSP for it (Am i
right??)
So based on that descision the field like LSP ID and the Tunel ID will be
 field in the Path messaage and will be sent along the path.

If what i have said above is correct then it perhaps these fields should
be filled only after contacting the PDP server (that is by querying the
policies).

   Is this correct?

Or is that the fields i mentioned above should be filled before contacting
the PDP server and should be done by RSVP_TE itself.

Thanx in advance

waiting for reply

Pras

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-\_|</ /)))
              (\\\\ \_/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ \_/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        \_    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|\__,_| \_/ \___|   \__,_|  |_| |_|_|\___\___|   \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
*************************************************************************