Subject: RSVP-TE: Error message to Hello

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:21:36 -0400

Hello,

On Rsvp-TE page 57, Section 5.5 Compatibility, it says that "Depending on the
implementation, implementations that do not support the extension will either
silently discard Hello messages or will response with an "Unknown Object Class"
error."

Hello message  ------->    LSR(implemented not supporting Hello extension)
                                <-------     no response(discard hello message)
OR  response with an "Unknown object class" error

so my questions, is this error message put in PathErr message?  Since there is
not one individual error message for Hello message.

Thanks in advance.

Julia

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:06:00 -0400

Good point.  The clause "or will response with an "Unknown Object Class"
error."  should be dropped.

Lou