Subject: LDP question..

From: Abhijit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 17:04:49 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,

In the LDP draft, In the procedure for Recognize New FEC (A.1.6) in the
Appendix, the explaination of "InitAttributes" is given in the Note
following the procedure.  
	 
1. An example of an attribute that might be part of InitAttributes
   is one which specifies desired LSP characteristics, such as
   class of service (CoS).  (Note that while the current version
   of LDP does not specify a CoS attribute, LDP extensions may.)
   The means by which FEC InitAttributes, if any, are specified is
   beyond the scope of LDP. Note that the InitAttributes will not
   include a known Hop Count or a Path Vector.

I have few doubts about that-- The questions are as follows

1. Why there is sudden inclusion of InitAttributes here in the procedure
   for new FEC when there is no mention of it anywhere in the draft? 

2. And why the known Hop Count / Path Vectors cannot be sent while sending
   the Label mapping message as stated above in the draft? 

Thanks and Regards 

-abhijit