Subject: stats

From: Eyad Saheb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:26:03 -0400

Hello everyone,

	I can see there are a few people that are unclear about the way RSVP
works, perhaps they can do a little reading ?

	On another note, I have a question about stat gathering for Network
Management purposes: Is a MPLS router expected to record the same stats
outlined for a regular IP router (ex. rfc1812, MIBs, etc..) ?  My feeling is
that if it's supposed to be multi-protocol, then it shouldn't be snooping
beyond the label stack.

TIA,

  _____  

Eyad Saheb
IP Software Developer & QoS Technical Lead
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
www.Hyperchip.com <http://www.hyperchip.comh/> 

H Y P E R C H I P
The Petabit Routing Company

Come meet us at:
Career & Information Open House, 180 Peel, Suite 333, Oct. 26 & 27 
OptiComm 2000, Dallas, Oct 24-25, Richard Norman - Panelist
NGN, Washington, Oct 30-Nov 5, Booth 1010
SUPERnet, Santa Clara, Jan 14-17, Richard Norman, Panelist

  _____