Subject: RES: BGP/MPLS VPN PE LSR

From: "Loureiro, Rodrigo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 18:10:36 -0300

Shahram,

> In an BGP/MPLS VPN scenario if a CE router sends an MPLS 
> packet rather than an IP packet to a PE router, the PE router 
> should still push 2 labels.

It doesn´t make much sense. Once you decided to extend the MPLS toward the
CE, you can use the hierarchy of routing knowledge  capability, in order to
avoid the propagation of VPNv4 prefixes through the provider cloud (like an
ISP as a client).

> My question is, should the PE 
> router swap the customer's label too or leave it unchanged?
> 

Try to explain better the VPN topology you are thinking and why do you want
to extend the MPLS to the CE.

Rodrigo Loureiro 
Systems Engineer - AT&T LA 
Tel: 55-11-3365-1670/9655-9676 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------The Art of Strategy: "Those who are victorious plan
effectively and change decisively. They are like a great river that
maintains its course but adjusts its flow... They have form but are
formless. They are skilled in both planning and adapting and need not fear
the result of a thousand battles; for they win in advance, defeating those
that have already lost." - Sun Tzu, Chinese Warrior and Philosopher, 100
B.C.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------