Subject: Some clarifications in the LMP mib..

From: Arumugam R <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:10:42 +0530

Hi,

While going through the LMP mib, some typo errors are found and i need 
some more clarification.

1. The lmpTeLinkAdminStatus in the lmpTeLinkTable is marked read-only, 
instead of read-create.

2. In the lmpTeLinkCCMappingTable, the lmpTeLinkCcMappingEntry is bound 
to have 4 entries as given in the example.

It should look like the following.

LmpTeLinkCcMappingEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
   lmpTeLinkId                                      TeLinkId,
   lmpCcId                                            LmpCcId,
   lmpTeLinkCcMappingRowStatus       RowStatus,
   lmpTeLinkCcMappingStorageType    StorageType
}
and appropriately the values and description needs to be changed.

3. In the lmpDateBearingLinkTable, the lmpDataLinkRemoteIfId is given as 
a read-only object.
The typo is in the example given, it is configured which gives a feeling 
that it is read-create. It needs to be removed from the example.

Can you through some explanation regarding the manual configuration 
procedure, since it can reduce some states and events in the TE Link 
FSM, as well as avoiding the test procedure & Data Link FSM, since it is 
not clearly explained in the LMP Draft. 

4. The lmpDataBearingLinkCcPreemptibility is mentioned as read-only 
instead of read-create. Also the description for the same is wrong & i 
feel it is a cut and paste from the description of lmpDataBearingType.

Suggestions are welcome

Thanks and regards
Arumugam R.

---

From: Martin Dubuc <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:33:42 -0400

Arumagam,

I have submitted a new version of the LMP MIB May 22. However, it still has
not shown up on IETF Web site. I have attached it with this message. The
filename might change as a result of classifying the ID.

The new version of the MIB addresses your first two comments. As far as
lmpDataLinkRemoteIfId is conerned, it is now read-write, but should be
read-create. This will be fixed in next release.

As far as manual configuration procedure of TE link is concerned, once the
TE link and data-bearing links are configured manually, their information is
sent in LinkSummary messages as part of the property correlation procedure.
The TE link and data-bearing link information configured manually in both
local and remote nodes can be correlated. If there is a mismatch, a property
mismatch trap can be generated. As you have mentioned, a node that does not
implement the link verification procedure does not need to track states
related to link verification.

Regards,

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Arumugam R [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 2:41 AM
To: [email-masked]; Thomas D. Nadeau; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Some clarifications in the LMP mib..

Hi,

Suggestions are welcome

Thanks and regards
Arumugam R.