Subject: Doubt about Egress Label Edge Router

From: "Asish Thomas Punnoose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:30:16 +0530

Hi all,

LSRs along the LSP swap the label on the top of the label stack and forward
the packet and Egress LER pops the label and then forwards the packed. can
any other LSR pop out the label? What is the Definition of Egress LER? If an
LSR who can POP the label, is a Egress router?

Thanks In Advance
-Asish

---

From: Nagendra Singh Tomar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:11:47 +0530 (IST)

Hi Asish!
          Egress LER is the term used for an LSR that is at the end of an
LSP. For a router to be at the end of an LSP, it should be POP capable. So
Egress router is with respect to an LSP. Though a router might be POP
capable, if it is not at the end of an LSP it is NOT the egress router for
that LSP.
regards
tomar