Subject: record label in RRO

From: Yuan Gu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 18:28:53 -0400

Hello:

I have some questions about Record Label subobject of Record Route
Object in rsvp-lsp-tunnel-08.txt(section 4.4) :

1. What's the purpose of record label?
2. Should it be implemented one way (only along Path direction) or both
way (Path and Resv)?
3. Which label should be put in the RRO, in_label or out_label?
4. In case of both way, which label should be put in the RRO of RESV
msg, in_label or out_label?

Regards!
Yuan Gu

---

From: Arumugam R <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:04:15 +0530

Hi Yuan.
The comments are inlined.

> 1. What's the purpose of record label?

The purpose of record label is for fast rerouting using bypass tunnels. (
refer swallow-rsvp-bypass-label draft).

> 2. Should it be implemented one way (only along Path direction) or both

As mentioned in the draft it can be impemented in only one direction i.e in
Resv direction..

> 3. Which label should be put in the RRO, in_label or out_label?

The label being put is the incoming label because this is the label being
allocated by the particular node. The outgoing label might have been pushed
by the upstream node.

> msg, in_label or out_label?

I think it is clear, it is not both way. only in Resv path and that too
incoming label only..

> Yuan Gu

Regards
Arumugam R