From: Khuzema Pithewan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:10:03 +0530

Hi,

whenever the RESV refresh comes in th LSR, does RSVP-TE ask for the label,
even if it is already allocated and present in the RSB.?

if yes, what does mpls do in this case? does it lookup in the ILM table and
return the previously allocated label or return a new one.?

if there is a new filter spec (new LSP) in the resv message and style is
shared explicit and label has to be allocated for this filter, if mpls is
allocating label on the basis of flowspec, then mpls should return the same
label for this label request. am I right?

if yes, then what happens when resv tear comes for one of the filter spec
(style is SE). does it ask mpls for withdrawl of label, which could be in
use by other filter specs(SE style and incoming interface is same for all
the filter spec). who maintains the count mpls or rsvp-te?

TIA

Khuzema
------------------------------------------------
Net Brahma Technologies Private Limited
Internext Networking Software
A Microland Group Company
777, 3rd 'a' cross, 18th Main 
Koramangala VI th block
Bangalore-95
Phone no.s - (080) 5521451 / 5525011 / 5525012  Ext. 232
Fax no        - (080) 5537233 
email : [email-masked]
www.netbrahma.com