Subject: MPLS-DISCUSSION

From: "SRIRAM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:56:25 +0530

Respected Sir / Madam,
I thank you very much for giving me an opportunity to become a member of the
IETF.
It is my privilege to be a member of this forum. I look forward to being a
active member in this forum.

I had a small doubt / clarification. I would appreciate your inputs on this
please. Let me give the grounds of doubt.
I was going thru the drafts for MPLS-LDP :
 -  drafts-ietf-mpls-ldp-09.txt    and
    drafts-ietf-mpls-ldp-11.txt

I did not find any change between the two drafts. They even had the same
expiry date too.  My query is : -  Is it possible for two different versions
of a draft to have the same expiry date ?

 -  Why would the same draft be named with a newer version number, if there
was no change in the contents of the draft ?

I would appreciate if you could take some time out of your busy schedule to
answer my queries at the earliest.

Thanking you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards
-SRIRAM

---

From: "Manikantan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:43:51 +0530

Hello Sriram

The LDP draft(9/11) has now become an RFC and it is RFC 3036. This has
happened in Jan 2001. :)

Not sure why you are looking at the drafts now?

regards
mani

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of SRIRAM
Sent: Tuesday, 22 May 2001 9:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MPLS-DISCUSSION

Respected Sir / Madam,