Subject: MPLS-TE and MPLS-LSR MIB - Failed Label lookup suggestions/questions

From: "Dave Danenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:37:52 -0400

Hi,

1) The MPLS-LSR-MIB has a means of counting failed label lookup
questions (via mplsInterfaceFailedLookup). I would think it handy to
also supply the actual label that failed. This could be a new (optional)
object: mplsInterfaceLastFailedLookup (SYNTAX MplsLabel). 

2) Let's say a packet arrives at an MPLS interface. The top label lookup
is OK and the packet is destined for this node so the label is popped.
Now there is one more label which directs the exposed packet to a
specific local port. This inner label fails the lookup. So I would think
it handy to have  two new (optional) objects in the MPLS-TE-MIB
MplsTunnelPerf table: mplsTunnelPerfFailedLookup and
mplsTunnelPerfLastFailedLookup.

What do you think?

--Dave

Litchfield Communications Inc.
www.litchfieldcomm.com

Princeton Building East
76 Westbury Park Rd
Watertown CT 06795 USA

Tel: (860) 945 1573 x3180
Fax: (860) 945 1578