Subject: RE: RE: Parameters in LDP entity table

From: Felix Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 21:44:12 +0800

hi,Hasse

	Thank you a lot! I have understood what you meant.
	And I have another question: Since LSP is unidirectional, 
May we specify different distribution methods on the two directions
of a LDP session?

Best regards!
				Felix Chang
					[email-masked]

---

From: Hans Sjöstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:37:03 +0200

No, 

from section 3036 2.6
   However, for any given LDP session, each
   LSR must be aware of the label distribution method used by its peer
   in order to avoid situations where one peer using Downstream
   Unsolicited label distribution assumes its peer is also.  

section 3.5.7.1.3 elaborates in detail why. 

The negotiation is valid for both directions, there
is no reason why to have different modes for different directions. 
If the two entities propose different modes, it's resolved as 
described in 3036. 

/// Hasse

> From Felix Chang wrote: