Subject: Last call on MPLS TE MIB

From: Edwin Tsang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:22:00 -0400 (EDT)

>>  3. mplsTunnelIndex and mplsTunnelInstance objects
>>     How do you see mapping between TE MIB tunnel index/instance and
>>     the signaling protocol concepts?
>>     In Virata TE MIB implementation we interpreted these objects as:
>>       for RSVP signaling -
>>         mplsTunnelIndex corresponds to TunnelId of the rsvp session object,
>>         mplsTunnelInstance corresponds to LSPID of the sender template.
>
>         Yes.

        There seems to be a problem when the external tunnel ID can be
either 0 or src address in RSVP signaling. The following LSP will appear
to be the same LSP in the mib table but they are different lsp in
signaling since the external ID is different. 

e.g.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
MIB Table                    
tunnelIndex | tunnelInstance | IngressLsrID | EgressLsrID
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1           | 1              | lsr1         | lsr2
1           | 1              | lsr1         | lsr2
----------------------------------------------------------------------

RSVP Signaling
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Session Object         | Sender  
| dst  |  Tid  | Ex. Tid | Src | LspID
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| d1   |  1    | s1      | s1  | 1
| d1   |  1    | 0       | s1  | 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------