Subject: Re:Load&nbsp;balancing

From: "Gao Deyun" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 May 2001 10:35:13 +0800

Hi,

  I am very interested in dynamic adaptive load balancing in MPLS network. And
maybe you can read one paper "MATE: MPLS Adaptive Traffic Engineering" in
INFOCOM'01.
  I am wonder how their products guarantee a balanced network? Some sinaling
protocols such as CR-LDP only set up path. Constraint-based routing can be
used to select path for traffic engineering. Is this(constraint-based routing)
the same problem with load balancing?
  Does one provider need dynamic adptive load balancing mechanism in MPLS
network? 

Deyun Gao

In your mail:
>Dear all,
>Going through the sites of some manufacturers I noticed that most of them 
>advertise that their products guarantee a balanced network. But I
>donnot understand why a provider(buyer) should be interested to keep its
>network balanced. I think that his goal is to maximize his profit.
>So what's the importance of load balancing in networks from the
>provider's perspective?
>
>Regards
>Chrysostomos
>
> 

--http://www.eyou.com
--�ȶ��ɿ�����ѵ�������  �����ʼ�  �ƶ���ǩ  ��������  ����洢...����δ��