Subject: ERO as unnumbered for FA

From: Mohan Varma K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:55:46 +1000

Hi,
       In the mpls-unnumbered-crldp draft there is defined an
   INTERFACE ID TLV.

    1)   From this draft my understanding of this object is it will be
  used for identifying the unnumbered interface id of the FA.When
  we mention the Erhop as this interface id the egress of the FA 
  will allocate the label corresponding to this interface Id.

       But I think this is already there in CRLDP by mentioning
  the Erhop as LSPID in which case the egress can allocate a 
  generic label and there is no information required as such of 
  the interface.
       However we can still have interface id associated with this
  tunnel for advertisement in OSPF/ISIS-TE for considering this
  tunnel as an FA. 

   2)    When we suggest the label(Lbl Req/Path) and receive 
 the label in (Lbl Map/Resv) there is no way to identify the
 interface on which the label is to be allocated when we have
 single control channel and many data channels(unnumberd) 
 as in optical which is between peer to peer.
          How do we resolve this?

Thanks and regards
Mohan Varma