Subject: RSVP : Logical Interface Handle

From: Rajesh P Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:37:44 +0530

"Hi",
                        In RFC 2205, Section 2.9 (Non - RSVP Clouds),
there is a mention of Logical Interface Handle (LIH).

                        Can someone throw more light on exactly what is
the Logical Interface Handle means???? Is it anyway related to the
Router-Id????

TIA,
            Rajesh P Jain

---

From: Khuzema Pithewan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:06:31 +0530

I think LIH is noway related to RouterId, here LIH means the interface at
which RSVP will reserve resources...In case of Non-RSVP cloud, RSVP can
receive the RESV message on any interface, it may not be the interface at
which it had sent the PATH message, so in that case it will resreve the
resources on the interface which is referred by LIH.

Khuzema

> ----------
> From: 	Rajesh P Jain
> Sent: 	Tuesday, May 29, 2001 11:37 AM
> To: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	RSVP : Logical Interface Handle
> 
> "Hi",