Subject: BGP/MPLS VPN over a TE'd core..

From: "Bala Subrahmanyam Venkata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 17:10:26 -0700

All-

Are there any references for creating 'standard' BGP/MPLS VPNs over a
traffic engineered core ? I was reading through Juniper's doc on BGP/MPLS
VPN creation (the "MPLS Applications" guide on their website) but it does
not specify how I would engineer my core for a specific VPN (specifically,
is it possible to select a particular 'pre-created' LSP that I have with
explicit hops and certain service parameters for a given BGP/MPLS VPN ?) It
will be better if you can tell me if this is a valid requirement for an ISP.

TIA,

bala

---

From: Eric Osborne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:08:52 -0400

> Are there any references for creating 'standard' BGP/MPLS VPNs over
> a traffic engineered core ?

Nope.

>  I was reading through Juniper's doc on BGP/MPLS

How (or whether) you can do this is vendor-specific.

eric

---

From: Gopal Jayaraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:34:05 -0500

Hi,

there is a draft for discovering the VPN details.

draft-ouldbrahim-bgpvpn-auto-01.txt.

this draft explains how VPN's discover their pre-created LSP's.

regards,
Gopal