Subject: PV & HC in CRLDP map message

From: "gopinathg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:35:27 +0530

HI

    In CR-LDP we are using only Dod Ordered control. So, is there any need
for us to have HC/PV TLVs in label mapping messages. Is it not enough to
have them in Request messages alone, as in Dod Ordered control the mapping
message has to traverse the same path as request message and the mapping can
only be sent in response to a request message.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Gopi

---

From: Nagendra Singh Tomar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:58:52 +0530 (IST)

Hi gopi!
	One of the uses of HC TLV apart from loop mitigation is in telling
the ingress router "How many hops away is the egress router ?". This
information can be used by the ingress router of  Non-ttl decrementing
domain, (this should be ttl-decrement capable) which will reduce the ttl
by that much amount (equal to the hop count received in the path
message) and discard the packet if the ttl after decrementing becomes zero
or less. 

cheers
tomar