Subject: RSVP-TE Tspec and Flowspec object for Class-of-Service service

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:51:40 -0400

Hi,

I found the new draft of RSVP-TE 08.txt, there is no more section 4.8 -----
Tspec and Flowspec object for class -of-service service.

I was wondering whether it has been taken out of the new draft or not,
since it was in the old draft rsvp-te 07.txt.
Can anyone tell me if it should be there or no more?

Thanks in an advance.

Julia

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:21:06 -0400

Julia,

    It was removed by request of the IESG since this object is
redundant in comparison with a similar object defined elsewhere.
Check the E-Mail archive for George's mail on changes for this
version.

--
Eric Gray

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:21:41 -0400

Hong Liao wrote:
> 
> I found the new draft of RSVP-TE 08.txt, there is no more section
> 4.8 ----- Tspec and Flowspec object for class -of-service service.
> 
> I was wondering whether it has been taken out of the new draft or
> not, since it was in the old draft rsvp-te 07.txt.

Yes, it is gone.

Best-effort LSPs in RSVP should now be signalled using the IntServ Null
Service, using the IntServ CType (2) for the SENDER_TSPEC, ADSPEC and
FLOWSPEC objects.

See RFC 2997 for the IntServ Null Service.

(Eric, George: Any possibility of inserting a pointer to RFC 2997 and a
paragraph of text describing its use somewhere in the draft so that this
question doesn't get repeated until the end of time?)

-- David