Subject: rfc3031 section3.2

From: "Hailong Lu.sean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 16:49:27 +0800

Hi,there
    I am new guy to MPLS.While reading rfc3031's section 3.2,there
are some words I can't understand:

   "To say that one node is upstream and one is downstream with respect
   to a given binding means only that a particular label represents a
   particular FEC in packets travelling from the upstream node to the
   downstream node.  This is NOT meant to imply that packets in that FEC
   would actually be routed from the upstream node to the downstream
   node"

   thanks.

sean

---

From: "chetan kumar s" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:44:52 +0530 (IST)

> are some words I can't understand:

Hi,
	This paragraph is to say that, the terms 'upstream' and
'downstream' are applicable to a set of two nodes only in the context of
one particular FEC and corresponding lable for that FEC between these to
nodes, and for nothing else. Would this make clear ??

Thanks
Chetan S