Subject: RSVP hello message

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 16:22:53 -0400

Hi,

The hello message in RSVP draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-07.txt, the
format for hello message is as on section 5.1:

<Hello message>:: = <Common Header>  [<INTEGRITY>] <HELLO>

I want to make sure if the Hello object here is only one or a list of Hello
objects.
For my understanding, the format in Hello message, <Hello>  is not a list
of Hello objects, it should be one Hello object between two RSVP
neighbours.
Can anyone help me to confirm this?

Thanks in an advance.

Julia

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 12:23:10 -0400

Hong Liao wrote:
> I want to make sure if the Hello object here is only one or a list
> of Hello objects.
> For my understanding, the format in Hello message, <Hello>  is not
> a list of Hello objects, it should be one Hello object between two
> RSVP neighbours.

You have the correct understanding.  A single HELLO object per message. 
One message per peer.  If for some reason you have multiple peers
sharing an interface (eg. a shared-media link), then each peer gets a
separate Hello message, each containing one HELLO object.

-- David