Subject: [MPLS-wg] MPLS in today's networks

From: "Shawn H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 21:34:20 -0000

Hi,

I'm a student currently researching MPLS-TE technologies. With all the 
proposed methods and functionalities, I was wondering if anyone has some 
useful information/pointers to answers to the following questions:
* How widely is traffic engineering over MPLS deployed in today's networks?
* What applications of MPLS are in use today (TE, protection, BGP nexthop 
resolution, etc)?
* How widely used are TE offline planning tools?
* How do different vendors affect different deployments? That is, are the 
common functionalities mostly in use, or are there different proprietary 
methods used in different networks/SPs?

Thanks a lot for any useful information,
Shawn.

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: "Gabor Korossy (ETH)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 09:14:45 +0200

You might wanted to say "mesh" ;-)
/Gabor

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jonathon Plonka

...
>since May of 1999 with a full US mess completed in June 
                              ---------
...