Subject: RFC 3612 on Applicability Statement for Restart Mechanisms for the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:43:35 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3612

        Title:      Applicability Statement for Restart Mechanisms
                    for the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
        Author(s):  A. Farrel
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35677
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-restart-applic-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3612.txt

This document provides guidance on when it is advisable to implement
some form of Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) restart mechanism and
which approach might be more suitable.  The issues and extensions
described in this document are equally applicable to RFC 3212,
"Constraint-Based LSP Setup Using LDP".

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.