Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-lai-mpls-mib-rqmts-00.txt

From: "Lai, Wai S (Waisum), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:33:26 -0500

Resending, since it does not appear to be on the archive.
Thanks, Wai Sum

-----Original Message-----
From: Lai, Wai S (Waisum), ALABS 
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 8:05 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: 'Ross Callon'; 'Loa Andersson'; 'Ron Bonica'; [email-masked]';
Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS; Chung, Li-Jin W, ALABS
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-lai-mpls-mib-rqmts-00.txt

At the initiation of Ross Callon, a meeting was held during the
IETF'57 in Vienna to discuss the LDP-MIB requirements described
in the following draft
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lai-mpls-mib-rqmts-00.txt
Participants were Ross Callon, Ron Bonica, Loa Andersson, Tom
Nadeau, Jerry Ash, Li-Jin Chung, and Wai Sum Lai.

As a result, it was agreed that, to address performance/fault
management requirements of LDP-MIB (Section 2 of draft), a new
history MIB module is to be developed.  This is to capture the
signaling usage/performance of the LDP Entities, as well as the
traffic usage/performance of the LDP Sessions, so as to facilitate
the engineering of LDP Sessions and the management of router
resources.

Comments on this are welcome.
Thanks, Wai Sum

-----Original Message-----
From: Lai, Wai S (Waisum), ALABS 
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 9:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-lai-mpls-mib-rqmts-00.txt

Based on our testing of the VPN MIB, we have identified some
requirements
as described in the following draft.  Your comments are welcome.
Thanks, Wai Sum

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 7:48 AM
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lai-mpls-mib-rqmts-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Network Management Requirements for MPLS MIBs
	Author(s)	: W. Lai, L. Chung
	Filename	: draft-lai-mpls-mib-rqmts-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2003-4-30
	
In this document, requirements for three MPLS-related MIBs (LDP-MIB, 
VPN-MIB, and BGP4-MIB) are presented for the support of specific 
network management needs for fault and performance management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lai-mpls-mib-rqmts-00.txt