Subject: Question in draft-ietf-mpls-in-ip-or-gre-03

From: S Mahadevan-A19066 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:54:01 +0530

The draft says

   "In some cases, the tunnel head receives, for encapsulation, an IP
   packet, which it first encapsulates in MPLS and then encapsulates in
   MPLS-in-IP or MPLS-in-GRE.  If the source of the IP packet is
   reachable from the tunnel head, and if the result of encapsulating
   the packet in MPLS would be a packet whose size exceeds the Tunnel
   MTU, then the value which the tunnel head SHOULD use for the purposes
   of fragmentation and PMTU discovery outside the tunnel is the Tunnel
   MTU value minus the size of the MPLS encapsulation."

I need a small clarification.. Here, are we talking about the
scenerio were the same node is both an ingress LSR for an
LSP and a Tunnnel Head (according to the definition in this draft)

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:39:06 -0400

> scenario were the same node is both an ingress LSR for an

Correct.