Subject: [MEXT] Revising rfc3375bis to resolve issues that currently have consensus

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:28:27 -0700

Hello folks,

I am making a new revision of rfc3375bis that will incorporate
text closing those issues for which it seems a resolution exists
that has working group consensus.  Here is a list of the issues
that I believe fit that description.  I will send out separate emails
for each issue, detailing the text changes, and try to submit the
revised document this week.  For details on the issues, please
consult the issue tracker website:
    http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/report/6 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/report/6>

Note that issues #3, #5, and #6 have already been closed.

Issues whose proposed resolution seems to have WG consensus:

#1 Last Accepted SQN [Ahmad Muhanna <[email-masked]>]
#2 Removing DHAAD mechanism [Jean-Michel Combes 
<[email-masked]>]
#4 Remove references to site-local addresses [George Tsirtsis 
<[email-masked]>]
#7 DSMIPv6 BU format and RFC 3775 [Tero Kauppinen 
<[email-masked]>]
#8 Application using the care-of address <[email-masked]>
#10 The usage of "HA lifetime" [Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>]
#12 BErr sent by HA too, not only by CN [Alexandru Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>]
#13 Home Link Detection [Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>]
#14 References to Bootstrapping [Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>]

If these issue resolutions do NOT have concensus in the working
group, I will revert to previous text until more discussion does
produce consensus.  However, I will be out of town for two weeks
after Friday, returning Sep. 20.

The remaining issues are #9, #11, #15, #16, #17.  For these,
time permitting this week, I will suggest some resolution and
request more discussion on the mailing list.  Then, if additional
consensus develops, I'll plan to make another revision for rfc3775bis
before the next IETF.

Regards,
Charlie P.

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext