Subject: port <830>

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 22:30:39 -0400

I just noticed that the port number in RFC4742 is written
inside chevrons:

   In order to allow NETCONF traffic to be easily identified and
   filtered by firewalls and other network devices, NETCONF servers MUST
   default to providing access to the "netconf" SSH subsystem only when
   the SSH session is established using the IANA-assigned TCP port
   <830>.  Servers SHOULD be configurable to allow access to the netconf
   SSH subsystem over other ports.

This looks odd in the text, but is really busted in the example:

   [user@client]$ ssh -s server.example.org -p <830> netconf

Is this intentional?

Thanks,
 Phil

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:31:19 +0200

Phil Shafer wrote:
>    [...]

Yes, I noticed this as well.  That looks like a goof between the RFC 
Editor and the authors where <830> I suspect was <TBD>.

Eliot