Subject: element naming style

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 10:14:08 -0700

Hi,

After thinking about it again, I believe the naming style
that Sharon proposed in Prague is the best compromise
between CLI and SMI naming styles.

Using cli-style-names for RPC operations and RPC parameters
and using smiStyleNames for data provides a visual hint
that these are different types of names, treated differently
in the protocol (and implementation).

I want to apologize to Sharon for making a big deal out of
element naming style at the WG meeting in Prague,
and not realizing she was right in the first place.

The current draft should be changed wrt/ 2 RPC parameters
in the <create-subscription> RPC method.  There is currently:
   stream
   filter
   named-profile
   startTime
   stopTime

I propose the following name changes, to improve consistency:

   startTime  --> start-time
   stopTime   --> stop-time

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>