Subject: FW: BOF Request: Netconf Extensions and Evolution

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 21:00:16 +0200

The following proposal for a BOF in Chicago was submitted by Sharon
Chisholm. A decision needs to be made in the next few days. I would
welcome comments in the next few days on [email-masked].

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon Chisholm [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 2:44 PM
To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: BOF Request: Netconf Extensions and Evolution

Hi

Netconf Extensions and Evolution (Nee)

Mailing List: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ngo

Description: 

The NETCONF working group has successfully defined an effective and
functional protocol, but there still remain some gaps in required
functionality. This BOF will look at necessary extensions to the NETCONF
protocol with the aim to charter a working group to address them.
Extensions will focus on generally agreed to functionality that has just
not yet been defined such as fine grain locking, advertising XML Schema
(content) support, access control, etc. It will also include an XML
Schema (content) definition to enable monitoring of the Netconf
protocol. Note that the charter does not wish to dictate which Netconf
layer problems should be solved at (content, operations, etc).

Agenda:
      - Agenda Bashing and Administrivia
	- Go through proposed NETCONF updates
	    - Partial Locks
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lengyel-ngo-partial-lock-00.t
xt)
          - Advertising XML Schema availability (pending)
          - Netconf Monitoring
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chisholm-netconf-monitoring-0
0.txt)
          - Other relevant work
	- Agree on a proposed charter
      - See if there is consensus to try to form a working group

Sharon 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>