Subject: [Netconf] How to understand Event Stream in RFC5277

From: Washam Fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:32:06 +0800

Hi,
   Could anybody give me some example criteria for categorizing Event Stream? The example in section 3.2.5.1 show us NETCONF Event Stream, SNMP Event Stream and syslog-critical Event Stream, do Event Streams categorized base on their sources?
   I recognize this is not right moment to issue such a question. But I want you help.
   Thanks in advance
Regards,
Washam 
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:42:38 -0500

Hi

That was one example use that had been suggested in working group
discussions, although not one we currently use. One use I think is
interesting is to create streams based on the type of information as a
sort of pre-defined set of filters - configuration change events,
faults, etc. The actual use of streams we've actually used is to define
a stream with a different aging criteria than the default stream. Rather
than just being time based, a replay of that stream only replays
Notifications that are still relevant.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Washam Fan
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Netconf] How to understand Event Stream in RFC5277

Hi,
   Could anybody give me some example criteria for categorizing Event
Stream? The example in section 3.2.5.1 show us NETCONF Event Stream,
SNMP Event Stream and syslog-critical Event Stream, do Event Streams
categorized base on their sources?
   I recognize this is not right moment to issue such a question. But I
want you help.
   Thanks in advance
Regards,
Washam
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https:/From [email-masked]  Sun Nov 16 11:42:44 2008
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:42:38 -0500
From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
To: "Washam Fan" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Netconf] How to understand Event Stream in RFC5277
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi

That was one example use that had been suggested in working group
discussions, although not one we currently use. One use I think is
interesting is to create streams based on the type of information as a
sort of pre-defined set of filters - configuration change events,
faults, etc. The actual use of streams we've actually used is to define
a stream with a different aging criteria than the default stream. Rather
than just being time based, a replay of that stream only replays
Notifications that are still relevant.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Washam Fan
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Netconf] How to understand Event Stream in RFC5277

Hi,
   Could anybody give me some example criteria for categorizing Event
Stream? The example in section 3.2.5.1 show us NETCONF Event Stream,
SNMP Event Stream and syslog-critical Event Stream, do Event Streams
categorized base on their sources?
   I recognize this is not right moment to issue such a question. But I
want you help.
   Thanks in advance
Regards,
Washam
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
h/www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

ttps://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf