Subject: [Netconf] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03

From: "Mark Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:43:25 -0500

Hello,

A new version of the NETCONF monitoring draft has been posted.

It addresses comments received to date.  The action item from IETF72 on
definition of the IP address data type remains open.  Discussion on that
item to date and readiness for WGLC will be discussed at IETF73.

Thank you for your comments.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 5:20 PM
To: Scott, Mark (CAR:2Y01)
Cc: Chisholm, Sharon (CAR:ZZ00); [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Mark Scott and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring
Revision:	 03
Title:		 NETCONF Monitoring Schema
Creation_date:	 2008-11-03
WG ID:		 netconf
Number_of_pages: 44

Abstract:
This document defines NETCONF content via XML Schema to be used to
monitor the NETCONF protocol.  The monitoring data model includes
information about NETCONF sessions, locks, and subscriptions and is
intended to facilitate management of a NETCONF server.  In addition this
monitoring data provides clients with standardized content to describe
supported schema.

Today, NETCONF capabilities exchange is the only standardized method a
client can use to discover the functionality supported by a NETCONF
server.  This works well for statiFrom [email-masked]  Sun Nov  9 15:43:36 2008
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:43:25 -0500
From: "Mark Scott" <[email-masked]>
To: "netconf mailing list" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Netconf] FW: New Version Notification for
	draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03
Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,

A new version of the NETCONF monitoring draft has been posted.

It addresses comments received to date.  The action item from IETF72 on
definition of the IP address data type remains open.  Discussion on that
item to date and readiness for WGLC will be discussed at IETF73.

Thank you for your comments.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 5:20 PM
To: Scott, Mark (CAR:2Y01)
Cc: Chisholm, Sharon (CAR:ZZ00); [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Mark Scott and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring
Revision:	 03
Title:		 NETCONF Monitoring Schema
Creation_date:	 2008-11-03
WG ID:		 netconf
Number_of_pages: 44

Abstract:
This document defines NETCONF content via XML Schema to be used to
monitor the NETCONF protocol.  The monitoring data model includes
information about NETCONF sessions, locks, and subscriptions and is
intended to facilitate management of a NETCONF server.  In addition this
monitoring data provides clients with standardized content to describe
supported schema.

Today, NETCONF capabilities exchange is the only standardized method a
client can use to discover the functionality supported by a NETCONF
server.  This works well for static protc protocol capabilities but is not
well suited for capabilities which could change during a session.

Considerations such as different schema formats, feature optionality and
access controls can all impact the applicability and level of detail the
NETCONF server sends to a client during session setup.
Through updated monitoring data NETCONF clients can adjust their
capabilities throughout a session.  Specifically the details returned
can be used by a client to determine whether retrieval of new schema
information is required and includes the information required to
facilitate the retrieval.

A new RPC (get-schema) is also defined to support explicit schema
retrieval via NETCONF.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

ocol capabilities but is not
well suited for capabilities which could change during a session.

Considerations such as different schema formats, feature optionality and
access controls can all impact the applicability and level of detail the
NETCONF server sends to a client during session setup.
Through updated monitoring data NETCONF clients can adjust their
capabilities throughout a session.  Specifically the details returned
can be used by a client to determine whether retrieval of new schema
information is required and includes the information required to
facilitate the retrieval.

A new RPC (get-schema) is also defined to support explicit schema
retrieval via NETCONF.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf