Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NETCONF Monitoring Schema
	Author(s)       : M. Scott, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document defines NETCONF content via XML Schema to be used to
monitor the NETCONF protocol.  The monitoring data model includes
information about NETCONF sessions, locks, and subscriptions and is
intended to facilitate management of a NETCONF server.  In addition
this monitoring data provides clients with standardized content to
describe supported schema.

Today, NETCONF capabilities exchange is the only standardized method
a client can use to discover the functionality supported by a NETCONF
server.  This works well for static protocol capabilities but is not
well suited for capabilities which could change during a session.

Considerations such as different schema formats, feature optionality
and access controls can all impact the applicability and level of
detail the NETCONF server sends to a client during session setup.
Through updated monitoring data NETCONF clients can adjust their
capabilities throughout a session.  Specifically the details returned
can be used by a client to determine whether retrieval of new schema
information is required and includes the information required to
facilitate the retrieval.

A new RPC (get-schema) is also defined to support explicit schema
retrieval via NETCONF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf