Subject: [Netconf] test-option in edit-config operation

From: Tomasz Mikolajczyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:13:44 +0100

Hi,

The RFC 4741 in section 7.2 says:

"test-option:

         The test-option element may be specified only if the device
         advertises the :validate capability (Section 8.6).

         The test-option element has one of the following values:

         test-then-set: Perform a validation test before attempting to
            set.  If validation errors occur, do not perform the
            <edit-config> operation.  This is the default test-option.

         set: Perform a set without a validation test first.
"

Does it mean that the "test-option=set" value is the same as "normal"
edit-config behavior, i.e. as without :validate capability advertised?
If it does, I think the "set" value should be the default one and could
be specified in the request no matter if the :validate capability is
advertised or not. The "test-then-set" value would be allowed to use
only if a server supports the :validate capability.

Tomasz

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: [email-masked].
Thank You.
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf