Subject: [Netconf] confirm WG consensus on potential new WG work-item: rfc4741bis

From: "Bert Wijnen \(IETF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:55:41 +0100

WG participants,

At our NetConf Session at IETF73, the people in the room expressed strong
support for working on an update to RFC4741, rfc4741bis work. Further the
participants supported these statements about the scope of such an 
undertaking:

  - bug fixes are to be done
  - clarifications can be done
  - no extensions (i.e. we are not doing a Netconf V2)
  - The work can be based on the presentation by Martin and Juergen
      http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/slides/netconf-3.pdf
    as a starting point.

The WG chairs consider this to be WG consensus. If anyone on the mailing
list does not agree, please speak up before Dec 3rd 2008. That is one week.
We want to try and get updated charter to IESG before X-mas.

The WG chairs will discuss if a charter change is needed with the AD, and if
so, we will circulate draft charter text for consensus checking.

Bert and Mehmet 

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf