Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : With-defaults capability for NETCONF
	Author(s)       : A. Bierman, B. Lengyel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-14.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2010-11-10

The NETCONF protocol defines ways to read and edit configuration data
from a NETCONF server.  In some cases, part of this data may not be
set by the NETCONF client, but rather a default value known to the
server is used instead.  In many situations the NETCONF client has a
priori knowledge about default data, so the NETCONF server does not
need to save it in a NETCONF configuration datastore or send it to
the client in a retrieval operation reply.  In other situations the
NETCONF client will need this data from the server.  Not all server
implementations treat this default data the same way.  This document
defines a capability-based extension to the NETCONF protocol that
allows the NETCONF client to identify how defaults are processed by
the server, and also defines new mechanisms for client control of
server processing of default data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.