Subject: [Netconf] Short notes from the NETCONF Session on November 8, 2010

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:45:19 +0100

Hi Dan,

please find below a short summary of the NETCONF WG session on November
8, 2010, 1300-1500 at IETF 79 in Beijing, China:

- We had approx. 73! participants in the 2 hour session for NETCONF WG.
- We reviewed the status of the WG
- We went through the chartered WG items and had a good discussion and
review of the documents.

Chartered items:
- NETCONF 4741bis has the status Publication Requested and is in AD
review. 
- NETCONF 4742bis has the status Publication Requested and is in AD
review.

- With-defaults capability for NETCONF had some DISCUSSes during IESG
review and v13 has been submitted on November 9, 2010. We will remind
the remaining three ADs to clear their DISCUSSes.

- We had a detailed issue discussion on 'Network Configuration Protocol
Access Control Model'. We decided to move authentication objects out of
the document.
- The content of the NETCONF System Notifications module has been
discussed. A renaming has been proposed to avoid system as a term.

AOB:
- Lada summarized the proposals we have so far for an appropriate
solution of the EOM handling issue. The discussion is related to v2.0 of
NETCONF and its secure transport SSH. The WG came to the conclusion that
the option with the EOM character 0x04 has some benefits. The discussion
will continue.

A longer summary with action items will be posted to the WG maillist
soon.

Bert & Mehmet