Subject: [Netconf] [netconf] A mean to match many entries would ease the writing of rules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:50:16 +0100

P.S.: Mea culpa: I previously sent to e-mail to [email-masked]

==

Hello all,
I reviewed draft-ietf-netconf-rfc6536bis-09; it seems the draft misses  
a way to match
many entries under the same rule. For example, instead of,

       <rule>
         <name>permit-get-config</name>
         <module-name>ietf-netconf</module-name>
         <rpc-name>get-config</rpc-name>
         <access-operations>exec</access-operations>
         <action>permit</action>
         <comment>
           Permits invocation of the NETCONF 'get-config'.
         </comment>
       </rule>
       <rule>
         <name>permit-get</name>
         <module-name>ietf-netconf</module-name>
         <rpc-name>get</rpc-name>
         <access-operations>exec</access-operations>
         <action>permit</action>
         <comment>
           Permits invocation of the NETCONF 'get'.
         </comment>
       </rule>

It would ease the writing to have a keyword (or a white space, as for
'access-operations') to match many entries at the same time:

       <rule>
         <name>permit-get</name>
         <module-name>ietf-netconf</module-name>
         <rpc-name>get get-config</rpc-name>
         <access-operations>exec</access-operations>
         <action>permit</action>
         <comment>
           Permits invocation of the NETCONF 'get' & 'get-config'.
         </comment>
       </rule>

So, the valid values will become (for 'rpc-name', 'notification-name',  
and 'path'):

  * A string for one entry
  * A string for more than one entry (a white space separates entries)
  * Or, the catch-all '*'.

How do you see my proposal?

Regards,
Ariel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using EURECOM Webmail: http://webmail.eurecom.fr