Subject: [Netconf] Updated WG charter

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 23:24:43 +0000

Dear WG,

Below is an updated charter proposal, based on discussions so far.

The changes made are:

  - In the first sentence, the word "currently" now prefixes
    the word "responsible".

  - Also in the first sentence, the specific protocols that our
    WG works on are called out.

  - Added a new section (e) to capture the effort proceeding with
    yang-push, subscription-notifications, etc.

  - The Milestones section now includes a link to the Datatracker
    generated Milestones list

Anymore comments?  Please review the changes as soon as possible, 
as we'd like to get it to Benoit this coming Monday.

Mahesh and Kent

===== charter proposal =====

Description of Working Group:

The Network Configuration (NETCONF) working group is 
currently responsible for the network management protocols
NETCONF (RFC6241) and RESTCONF (RFC 8040), their transports
and encodings, and defining data models necessary to support
the protocols.  The NETCONF working group also defines 
mechanisms supporting the operational deployment of systems
using the protocols.

The NETCONF WG is responsible for:

   a) Maintaining the network management protocol NETCONF (RFC 6241).
      This effort entails periodically updating the NETCONF related
      specifications to address new requirements as they arise.

   b) Maintaining the network management protocol RESTCONF (RFC 8040).
      This effort entails periodically updating the RESTCONF related
      specifications to address new requirements as they arise.

   c) Defining transports and encodings used by the NETCONF and
      RESTCONF protocols.

   d) Defining data models that are related to network management
      protocols.  Specifically, data models enabling the configuration
      and/or monitoring of the NETCONF and RESTCONF servers themselves.
      Other examples include data models for configuring access
      controls or discovering server metadata.

   e) Defining and maintaining (i) data models for subscriptions to
      data and (ii) protocol bindings for pushing subscribed data
      to clients.

   f) Defining mechanisms enabling devices to discover and establish
      secure connections to NETCONF and/or RESTCONF servers.

   The NETCONF working group consults with the NETMOD working group to
   ensure that new requirements are understood and can be met by the
   YANG data modeling language (RFC 7950) developed within that working
   group.

Goals and Milestones:

  For the latest milestones for all the drafts, please see the very 
  bottom of the following page:

     https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/netconf/about/

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:02:13 +0100

> Below is an updated charter proposal, based on discussions so far.

[...]
 
> as we'd like to get it to Benoit this coming Monday.

Looks good to me.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Alexander Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:24:44 +0000 (UTC)

Looks good to me as well.

Thanks

--- Alex

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:02 PM -0800, "Juergen Schoenwaelder" <[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]

Looks good to me.

/js

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf