Subject: [ogpx] Rename ogpx list to vwrap?

From: Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:47:57 -0700

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Robert G. Jakabosky
<[email-masked]>wrote:

>
> P.S. will this mailling list change it's name to "vwrap" soon?  I know the
> vwrap jabber.ietf.org channel has already been created.
>

I'll check to see if it's possible to rename or alias, or if we need to
create a whole new list.

If anyone has strong feelings one way or the other on the list naming, let
me know. (At a minimum we'll need to leave breadcrumbs pointing from one to
the other.)

---

From: Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:52:29 -0700

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Joshua Bell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Robert G. Jakabosky <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>

Ah yes, I'd already asked about this.

We can't rename the list, but (with AD approval) we can create a new list
and re-subscribe everyone automatically.

Again, if anyone has strong feelings one way or the other let me know. I
propose we go forward with creating a new list, but wait 1-2 weeks from now
for post-IETF-F2F cool down and reaction to the issues brought up on the
F2F, so we don't split those threads across two lists.

---

From: Meadhbh Hamrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:08:36 -0700

being one of the people responsible for the ogpx name, i should say i
have no great feelings one way or another.

when we were creating the working group, it was always on the "to do"
list to create a new mailing list named [email-masked]. but when we
got to it, the people involved were all pretty busy planning for
hiroshima. at the time, i think the thought was, "what's in a name?
everyone knows where the list is (by looking at the charter.)"

so if we want to do it, doing it shortly after the f2f cool-down
period is a good idea. otherwise we may find people being too busy
planning for maastricht.

just my $0.02.
--
meadhbh hamrick * it's pronounced "maeve"
@OhMeadhbh * http://meadhbh.org/ * [email-masked]

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Joshua Bell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
> _______________________________________________
> ogpx mailing list (VWRAP working group)
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ogpx
>
>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:09:19 -0600

On 3/29/10 9:52 AM, Joshua Bell wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Joshua Bell <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
> 
>         vwrap jabber.ietf.org <http://jabber.ietf.org> channel has
>         already been created.
> 
> 
>     I'll check to see if it's possible to rename or alias, or if we need
>     to create a whole new list.
> 
>     If anyone has strong feelings one way or the other on the list
>     naming, let me know. (At a minimum we'll need to leave breadcrumbs
>     pointing from one to the other.)

As your sponsoring AD, I've asked the Secretariat to do the following:

1. Create a new list [email-masked] with ogpx@ admins

2. Subscribe everyone on ogpx@ to vwrap@

3. Redirect people from ogpx@ to vwrap@

4. Retain the ogpx@ archives

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Meadhbh Hamrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:39:59 -0700

oh! oh!

last i checked, infinity linden is the only ogpx admin, i think. as
she no longer exists, we may want to explicitly check that barry and
josh have administrative control of the list.

-cheers
-meadhbh

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:45:52 -0400

> josh have administrative control of the list.

We fixed that a while ago.

b