Subject: [ogpx] identifying a malformed LLSD request with HTTP binding

From: Meadhbh Hamrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:03:41 -0700

so i think we said we wanted to make it easier to bind LLSD to
different transports. but the one that was going to be defined "out of
the box" as HTTP.

so assuming there is consensus to reject malformed LLSD messages,
allow me to ask, how do we signal the fact that a server receiving a
HTTP request believes the message was malformed?

reply with a 400 : Bad Request ?

ultimately i think we'll have to identify these conditions in a
transport neutral manner, and then map them to the transport, but for
the sake of expediency for people who may want to write interoperable
systems using HTTP, can we agree to this at the moment?

-cheers
-meadhbh

--
meadhbh hamrick * it's pronounced "maeve"
@OhMeadhbh * http://meadhbh.org/ * [email-masked]

---

From: "Robert G. Jakabosky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:45:41 -0800

> systems using HTTP, can we agree to this at the moment?

The HTTP 400 response can have a response body.  For websites the response 
body is normally a HTML page that the browser can display to the user.  Maybe 
a LLSD error message can be defined for use as the response body.  Other 
transports can use that same LLSD message layout.

-- 
Robert G. Jakabosky