Subject: [ogpx] LLSD/LLIDL implementations.

From: Mark Lentczner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:15:30 -0700

I put up a list of LLSD/LLIDL implementations that I knew about at the session yesterday. Here it is again:

C++: Linden Lab
C#: OpenMetaverse
Haskell: Linden Lab
Java: Linden Lab, University of St. Andrews
JavaScript: Linden Lab
Perl: Linden Lab
PHP: Linden Lab, SignpostMarv
Python: Linden Lab
Ruby: Linden Lab

1) If you have other LLSD implementations, please let me know. I'll pull together a list of them.

2) If you would like to use an LLSD implementation I mentioned that isn't published open source, let me know. For Linden Lab's implementations that are not yet open sourced, knowing there is a potential community of users goes along way in supporting a decision to open them.

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
Sr. Systems Architect
Technology Integration
Linden Lab

[email-masked]

Zero Linden
[email-masked]

---

From: Dzonatas Sol <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:16:53 -0700

> pull together a list of them.

There is a C# implementation of LLSD in MonoVida Communicator.
Used to implement a client-side REST/HTTP interface.

Project site: http://jira.dzonux.net:8080/browse/MVC
Contact: Ballard or "Dzonatas Sol"

Repository Browser: 
http://gitweb.dzonux.net/?p=communicator.git;a=tree;f=Source;hb=refs/heads/communicator

Resource documentation: 
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Dzonatas_Sol/SNOW-375_Resources
Implementation: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-375

More resources are added to take advantage of viewer's network protocol 
capabilities and features. To leverage VWRAP resources with these 
capabilities and features combined with SNOW-375 seems ideal. For 
example, specific implementations can be contained in separate programs 
and processes rather than all kept in a single threaded integrated 
design (as demonstrated by MonoVida). Vendors could provide there own 
signed-off implementation of a program used for connection negotiation 
to an agent domain (as their specific implementation of VWRAP that is 
distributed to the client). Such specific implementation, when signed, 
may be considered as an asset (where a 'generic' agent domain has the 
ability to store many 'specific implementations', as how inventory 
assets are now stored, and used on the client-side, as a 'script', to 
connect to other agent domains). Informally, this example is a concept 
of a VWRAP implementation via client-side scripting. Otherwise, the 
client-side REST/HTTP interface is intended to implement just 
client-side features at this time.

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:31:04 -0700

Humble suggestion: There is a wiki on the tools site for VWRAP that  
would be an easy way to maintain a list like this, and add links.  I  
went ahead and pasted over your list:
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/vwrap/trac/wiki/WikiStart>

On Mar 24, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> 2) If you would like to use an LLSD implementation I mentioned that  
> isn't published open source, let me know. For Linden Lab's  
> implementations that are not yet open sourced, knowing there is a  
> potential community of users goes along way in supporting a decision  
> to open them.
>
> 	- Mark
>
>
> Mark Lentczner
> Sr. Systems Architect
> Technology Integration
> Linden Lab
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Zero Linden
> _______________________________________________
> ogpx mailing list (VWRAP working group)
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ogpx

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:21:00 -0600

> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/vwrap/trac/wiki/WikiStart>

+1 -- I was just about to say the same thing. :)

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/