Subject: [OPSAWG] Non Working Group Forming BoF on scaling MPLS VPN's in London

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:19:46 -0500

Working Groups,

We will run a non-Working Group forming BoF in London to discuss
issues around Scaling of MPLS VPNs.

Lou Berger and I have accepted to chair this BoF, Vero Zheng will
take on the role as list admin and secretary.

We plan to kick-off the discussion on a problem statement as soon
as we have enough participants on the mailing list.

We gave a heads up for this BoF in Vancouver - these slides were
presented in the RTG Area Open Meeting. There have been some comments
and they will be update during the BoF preparation.

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/88/slides/slides-88-rtgarea-5.pptx

We have started to prepare the BoF, and the discussion on how we set
it up will take place on a new mailing list:

    [email-masked]

Please subscribe to this list through:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scale

/Loa
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 08:41:36 -0500

I'm sorry, but the subject line confuses me….

Are MPLS VPN's in London special in any way? If so, why?!

Do packets somehow know their geography? Can I use this for geolocation?

W

P.S: :-P

On Nov 20, 2013, at 9:19 AM, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> <non-wg-forming-bof-pa3.pptx>_______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

--
There were such things as dwarf gods. Dwarfs were not a naturally religious species, but in a world where pit props could crack without warning and pockets of fire damp could suddenly explode they'd seen the need for gods as the sort of supernatural equivalent of a hard hat. Besides, when you hit your thumb with an eight-pound hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and straong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout, "Oh, random-fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!" or "Aaargh, primitive-and-outmoded-concept on a crutch!"
  -- Terry Pratchett