Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 04:59:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Manufacturer Usage Description Specification
        Authors         : Eliot Lear
                          Ralph Droms
                          Dan Romascanu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-02.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2016-11-30

Abstract:
   This memo specifies the necessary components to implement
   manufacturer usage descriptions (MUD).  This includes two YANG
   modules, IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP options, an LLDP TLV, a URL suffix
   specification, an X.509 certificate extension and a means to sign and
   verify the descriptions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 14:06:32 +0100

Hi,

As the draft mentions, there are a number of changes.  Here are a few of
the highlights:

  * The IANA section has been updated with what assignments have been
    made.  More to come.
  * Russ Housley completely rewrote the X.509 extension section. 
    Thanks, Russ.
  * Adrian Farrel provided the basis for the privacy considerations section.

To be done:

  * We are pondering a number of extensions.  One possibility would be
    to indicate the manner in which the MUD file is intended to be
    transported.  In this way, if one device claims to be another device
    that only makes use of X.509, the controller can spot a problem.  I
    think this may be a corner case, but it is also pretty cheap to
    implement.
  * More security considerations.
  * Perhaps a slight refresh on the introduction, given all of the hoo
    haa around Mirai.

Eliot

On 11/30/16 1:59 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>