Subject: [OPSAWG] RtgDir review: draft-ietf-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm-10

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:30:58 -0400

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft.
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes
on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to
the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please
see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last
Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through
discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm-10
Reviewer: Andy Malis
Review Date: 2021-07-20
IETF LC End Date: 2021-08-06
Intended Status: Proposed Standard

Summary:

No issues found. This document is ready for publication.

Comments:

This draft has been through 11 revisions and has been twice reviewed by the
Yang Doctors. All of its normative references save one have already been
published, and the one draft normative reference is also in IETF Last Call.
In addition, the very useful Appendix B shows that there are at least four
publicly-announced implementations in various stages of progress. This all
indicates the maturity of this draft as it enters IETF Last Call.

I found the commentary and model overview easy to read, and if I were
writing an implementation, I would certainly appreciate the provisioning
examples in Appendix A.

I also appreciated the comparison to RFC 8299.

Although I'm not a SECDIR reviewer, I found the Security Considerations
section to be substantive.

To conclude, I consider this draft ready for publication.

Regards,
Andy