Subject: [P2PSIP] DRAFT agenda for the meeting in Prague

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:19:07 -0500

Hi all:

We have posted a DRAFT agenda for the meeting at:

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/agenda/p2psip.txt

I also pasted it at the end of this email.

Notice that the approach we took was instead of just people presenting
each draft, we have grouped it by open question, with the related
(current, not-expired, and in before the cut off dates) drafts to be
read for each one listed. We've also listed 2 or 3 presenters for
each. What we would like to see is those people work together to come
up with a presentation that reflects the question and views of each
presenter. (even if it presents two or three different views!) We are
keeping the presentations very short, presenting the open questions
and outline of the proposed solutions only, to allow for a good bit of
discussion, so you will HAVE TO COME IN HAVING READ THE DRAFTS or it
may be hard to follow the discussion.

While I don't think we are going to be able to come to conclusions on
these issues, this should get things going so we *can* start making
these decisions in Chicago and move forward, in particular, we want to
come out of the meeting with enough of an idea on these questions that
we can have people submit a few fully fleshed out (with all the things
we think we need detailed and defined) concrete, *implementable*
proposals ready before Chicago so we can better answer these questions
and move forward on our WG items.

I'd like to ask the presenters to get slides to us as early as
possible...certainly before IETF starts!

We'll send out a zip file of the relevant drafts shortly.

Thanks!

---

9:00-9:10 Agenda bash
  presenter: chairs

9:10-9:20 what charter is, what we are doing here, how we are going to
move forward
  presenter: chairs

9:20-9:40 Overview Document work: What are the major open questions in
this draft?
  presenters: Philip Matthews and Dean Willis
  relevant drafts: draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04
  :10 minutes for presentation, remainder discussion

9:40-10:00 Open Question: Selecting a DHT
  Charter states we will support multiple DHTs. We need to select one
(or a very, very few) "base", must implement DHTs. Leading candidates
today *appear* to be Chord and Bamboo, and possibly Kademlia.
  Discussion of Protocol Implementations of pluggable DHTs and the
tradeoffs between Chord, Bamboo, and Kademlia
  presenters: Henning Schulzrinne and David Bryan
  relevant drafts: draft-baset-sipping-p2pcommon-01,
draft-zangrilli-p2psip-dsip-dhtchord-00,
draft-zangrilli-p2psip-dsip-dhtbamboo-00
  :05 minutes for presentation, remainder discussion

10:00-10:30 Open Question: How do NATs affect the requirements of a protocol?
  Discussion of lessons learned from proposals for NAT traversal and
how they translate into requirements for the protocol
  presenters: Bruce Lowekamp and Philip Matthews
  relevant drafts: draft-matthews-p2psip-nats-and-overlays-01,
draft-matthews-p2psip-dsip-nat-traversal-00
  :10 minutes for presentation, remainder discussion

10:30-11:00 Open Question: What are the requirements for the peer protocol?
  We know we need this protocol. What are the things that a protocol
proposal must do to be considered? What have we learned from the
proposals made to date? We want rough consensus on what this needs to
do, so we can have firm (real) proposals to consider at Chicago. What
sort of routing? Other properties?
  presenters: Henning Schulzrinne, Bruce Lowekamp, Jiang XingFeng
  relevant drafts: draft-bryan-p2psip-dsip-00,
draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04,
draft-jiang-p2psip-peer-protocol-requirement-00
  :10 minutes for presentation, remainder discussion

11:00-11:30 Open Question: What would a client protocol need to do and
do we need it?
  Discussion of client protocol: Do we need a new client protocol
that is separate from the peer protocol and isn't SIP? If so, what
would it need to do?
  presenters: Henning Schulzrinne, Dean Willis, Spencer Dawkins
  relevant drafts: draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04
  :10 minutes for presentation, remainder discussion

-- 
David A. Bryan
[email-masked]
+1.757.565.0101 x101
+1.757.565.0088 (fax)
www.SIPeerior.com

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip