Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] Section 1.2 Architecture is incomplete

From: "Michael Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 14:49:39 -0700

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] Section 1.2 Architecture is incomplete

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>

Date: Sun, March 07, 2010 1:22 pm

To: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>

Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

...

On Mar 7, 2010, at 11:49, "Michael Chen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

The case for ATTACH is demonstrated in section 11.

I don't see that. Afaict all the examples in s 11 are compatible with tls. Which one do you think is not?

Ekr

The example in Section 11, when does TLS handshake take place? Before the ATTACH message?

The example seems to suggest that TLS handshake occurs after the ATTACH message was sent and replied. Anyone else reads it that way?

--Michael

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 15:31:18 -0800

> Before the ATTACH message?

Yes.

> The example seems to suggest that TLS handshake occurs after the  
> ATTACH message was sent and replied. Anyone else reads it that way?

There are two handshakes here. The first, not shown, is to the  
bootstrap peer (note that the preceding paragraph indicates that the  
jp has already formed this connection). The attach is sent over this.  
When the attach finishes then the tls handshake to the admitting peer  
starts. I think this is consistent with the example but if it is not  
the example is wrong

Ekr