Subject: [PCN] FW: New Version Notification for draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-00

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:14:30 +0100

As promised in earlier emails here is the first version of the extended
PCN encoding scheme draft. Note it hasn't been completely checked for
consistency, grammar, etc so any and all reviews gratefully accepted.

My hope is to get a 01 version out in plenty of time for Dublin.

Toby
____________________________________________________________________
Toby Moncaster, <[email-masked]> Networks Research Centre, BT
B54/70 Adastral Park, Ipswich, IP53RE, UK.  +44 1473 648734 

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 23 June 2008 18:09
To: Moncaster,T,Toby,CXR9 R
Cc: Briscoe,RJ,Bob,CXR9 R; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-00.txt has
been successfuly submitted by T Moncaster and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A three state extended PCN encoding scheme
Creation_date:	 2008-06-23
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 13

Abstract:
Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a mechanism designed to protect
the Quality of Service of inelastic flows.  It does this by marking
packets when traffic load on a link is approaching or has exceeded a
threshold below the physical link rate.  This baseline encoding
specified how two encoding states could be encoded into the IP
header.  This document specified an extension to the baseline
encoding that enables three encoding states to be carried in the IP
header as well as enabling limited support for end-to-end ECN.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn