Subject: Re: Multi-national company listing issues

From: Tony Bartoletti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:18:18 -0700

At 10:14 PM 8/31/99 -0400, Stephen Kent wrote:
>Tony,
>
>Ideally it would be the case that a party constructing a name under the
>C=US arc would be registered, but this is the exception rather than the
>rule.

OK.  I am major-ignorant in this area :)

But then there are two issues.  First, even in the case where the party
"gets registered" under C=US, does this designation have any universal
meaning to anyone (besides "ANSI-registered").

Second, if I were to declare my backyard a sovereign nation (TL, Tonyland)
and set up a CA service, are directory services prepared to store certs
under the designation "C=TL"?

Curious.

___tony___

Tony Bartoletti                                             LL
IOWA Center                                              LL LL
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory                LL LL LL
PO Box 808, L - 089                                   LL LL LL
Livermore, CA 94551-9900                              LL LL LLLLLLLL
phone: 925-422-3881   fax: 925-423-8081               LL LLLLLLLL
email: [email-masked]                                   LLLLLLLL