Subject: Certificates with DSA keys

From: "Johannes Farmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:55:07 +0100

Does anybody know of a certification authority issuing X.509 certificates
with DSA keys where the parameters are not included in the
subjectPublicKeyInfo AlgorithmIdentifier and therefore have to be got from
the issuer certificate? If so, it would be great if she/he would send me the
corresponding cert chain. We are implementing a Java Cryptography toolkit
including a X.509 library and are interested in parsing such a chain (of
course, we can build it by ourselves with our tool, but it would be better
to compare it against some other implementations).

Thank you very much in advance

--
Johannes Farmer

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:42:54 -0500

There are two ways to represent a DSA public key:

with its parameters
without its paramets

One is identified by id-dsa and the other by id-dsa-common. I forget which
is which and would have to do some research to figure out which is which.

Hope this helps.

Frank Balluffi
CertCo

-----Original Message-----
From: Johannes Farmer [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 1999 3:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Certificates with DSA keys

--
Johannes Farmer

---

From: "Jim Schaad (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:33:50 -0800

There are a set of certificates an keys in the smime-examples draft from the
s/mime group.

> Sent: Friday, December 03, 1999 12:55 AM
> To: [email-masked]