Subject: Re: Timestamping Standards.

From: Daniel Alex Finkelstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:03:28 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 2, 1999 at 2:11pm,  Todd Glassey @ GMT wrote:

> They provide for a requirements to provably timestamp within three (3)
> seconds of UTC and these are of course the NASD OATS requirements. NASD for
> thos that are unaware is the NAtional Association of Securities Dealers and
> any solution that is proffered as a timestamping one for commercial purposes
> should ought to fulfill the only mandate on the books today. To get more of
> this try the OATS pages at the www.nasdr.com site.

The NASD does not specify or recommend technical matters. Member firms and
financial houses gather at our various industry groups to set technical
specs, and then turn to us (SIAC) for implementation.

-- 
Daniel Alex Finkelstein
Central Services
phone   212-383-2951
pager   917-427-1630
fax     212-335-0420
Securities Industry Automation Corporation