Subject: Back to nothing: URI solution works?

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:29:14 -0000

Hi Stephen,

As it was you who suggested the URI+hash solution for biometrics, you could maybe
elaborate on how this solution is information-wise (not certificate-size-wise) different from
in-line biometric data.

Anders

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 20:44:22 +0000

(I thought the "back to nothing" thread was about keyUsage,
not biometrics, but since I've been dumb enough to stick
my head up...)

I suggested that it was silly to present a digest
without being able to point at something that allows you 
to verify the digest, as you should be able to see from 
the archive (but its so long ago I forget, maybe it was
a private posting). I think Steve K. addressed the issue
when he said that handing over a URL says nothing about
who can gets a 404 vs. a 200 when they ask for the content.

Stephen.

-- 
____________________________________________________________
Stephen Farrell         				   
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 647 7406
61 Fitzwilliam Lane,                    fax: +353 1 647 7499
Dublin 2.                mailto:[email-masked]
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com