Subject: Feb. 15/16 Interim IETF Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:49:13 -0500

The following is being forwarded to the policy mailing list.
Message originally sent by Ed Ellesson <[email-masked]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interim Meeting Notice for Policy Frameworks Working Group

The DoubleTree Guest Suites
2515 Meridian Parkway
Durham, NC  27713
919.361.4660
Fax:  919.361.2256

This is the address for directions,etc.

http://www.doubletreehotels.com/DoubleT/Hotel61/71/71Main.htm

The room rate  is $115.00. Please call direct to the Hotel and be sure to
mention IETF.
Deadline for reservations is January 29, 1999. The meeting is 2/15 & 2/16.

Please let me know in the next few days which of you plan to attend, so I
can get an accurate count for the catering.  

This morning I just became aware of the fact that the 15th of February is
"President's Day".  If that is a problem for anyone who feels that it is
important that they attend, please let me know by tomorrow.  There is a
possibility that I could move the interim meeting from Feb. 15/16 to Feb.
22/23 at the same hotel; however, this change of date would put us very
close to the March 1 deadline for posting new Internet Drafts, so I would
rather not do that.  

We want to use this interim meeting to finalize text of the core schema
draft, as well as to discuss a new architecture draft.  If we postpone the
interim meeting to the 22/23, that leaves very little time to update these
drafts based on what we decide at that meeting and subsequently on the
mailing list, prior to Minneapolis, so I would prefer to keep the date as
Feb. 15/16.   Please let me know by tomorrow if anyone has a problem with
the 15/16 due to the fact that it is scheduled on President's Day, and I
will post a confirmation to this list tomorrow night that we are either
staying with the 15/16 or changing it to the 22/23.  

We plan to post an updated core schema draft by Feb. 5, for discussion on
the mailing list leading up to the interim meeting.  

the closer to the 
cutoff date, the less time for being able to present a really good I-D 
that everyone agrees to. 

Regards, 

Ed Ellesson
Sr. Engineer, TCP/IP Technology Management
IBM Networking Software Products
Research Triangle Park, NC 
[email-masked]
919-254-4115

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:28:53 -0500

Sorry, I forgot to mention the times of day we have planned:  

Monday, Feb. 15:  9am - 5pm.
Tuesday, Feb. 16:  8am - 12 noon.  

This should allow people traveling from the West Coast of the U.S. to get
back on Tuesday.  

>Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:49:13 -0500
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Ed Ellesson <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Feb. 15/16 Interim IETF Meeting
>
mention IETF.

Regards, 

Ed Ellesson

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:06:02 -0500

Ok, I received no objections to the conflict of this interim meeting with
the President's Day holiday, so we are on for Feb. 15/16 here in NC.
Please let me know who is coming, if you have not already done so.  

>Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:28:53 -0500
>Subject: Fwd: Feb. 15/16 Interim IETF Meeting
>
back on Tuesday.  
mention IETF.

Regards, 

Ed Ellesson