Subject: request for information

From: Jeffry Steemans <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 17:34:58 +0100

Hi, 

making my thesis on strategic and commercial developments of global
integrated networks (voice, data, video) and the impact of future
applications, I subscribed to the policy mailing list, to be on top of the
QoS and policy developments.

Would it be possible to provide me some strategic and economic information
about the actual and future use and developments about networks.  It would
be very helpfull to give me more insight in the complex network developments.

The issues I am focused on are the following:

1. which applications will come up in the near and further future, which
impacts will they have on the networks and what is their economic viability?

2. which kind of intelligence is needed in the networks for these
applications, what are the pro's and cont's of centralised and distributed
intelligence for them?

3.what are the pro's and cont's of distributed and centralised networks on
1/2 year, 1year, 2 year , 5 year time

4. what is the viability of protocols as diffserv, ldap, den, IP6 for
future development of networks and management of applications

I would be very thankfull if you could help me with my research.

With kind regards,

Jeffry Steemans
Student Commercial Engineer
Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium, Europe)