Subject: [precis] RFC 7700 on Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Representing Nicknames

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 21:05:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7700

        Title:      Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of 
                    Internationalized Strings Representing Nicknames 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22898
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-precis-nickname-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7700

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7700

This document describes methods for handling Unicode strings
representing memorable, human-friendly names (called "nicknames",
"display names", or "petnames") for people, devices, accounts,
websites, and other entities.

This document is a product of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC