Subject: [proto-team] comments on draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-tracker-ext-00.txt

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:02:47 +0200

Nice document overall.

INTRODUCTION, paragraph 13:

 >    This document describes the changes required to make it  
possible for
 >    working group chairs to update the I-D tracker during document
 >    shepherding, after the request for publication.  It also describes
 >    additional requirements for the chairs to use the I-D tracker for
 >    managing WG documents from their earliest stages.  Having the  
tracker
 >    support the working groups more fully is a primary benefit, but in
 >    addition, this moves towards the goal of providing an  
integrated view
 >    of document states from -00 to RFC publication.

         Note that I'm updating draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc- 
shepherding to
         reflect that the chairs can appoint a WG secretary as document
         shepherd, in consultation with the ADs. This document should  
hence
         differentiate between the roles of Document Shepherd and WG  
Chair.

Section 3.1., paragraph 8:

 >    *  Parked WG Document
 >       This document has lost its author or editor, is waiting for
 >       another document to be written, or cannot currently be  
worked on
 >       by the working group for some other reason.

         How about "Inactive WG Document" instead? As the opposite of
         "Active WG Document?"

Lars
-- 
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories

_______________________________________________
proto-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/proto-team