Subject: [proto-team] editing draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:10:57 +0200

Hi,

I've finally started to edit draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc- 
shepherding-06 to incorporate the comments we have received.

In addition to those, I've identified some other possible changes  
that I'd like to run by you to see if they make sense:

(1) One of the changes I've started to make is replacing "shepherding  
WG chair" by "document shepherd", because secretaries can be made  
shepherd, too. This also affects the title, which is currently  
"Working Group Chair Document Shepherding." I'd like to suggest at  
least "Working Group Document Shepherding" but like "Document  
Shepherding after Working Group Last Call" even better (see point 2).

(2) There are currently multiple pieces of text that describe the  
responsibilities of the shepherd in slightly different ways. As I  
understand it, the shepherd manages a document through all stages  
after WGLC, i.e., through AD evaluation, IETF LC, IESG evaluation on  
to IANA and RFC Editor processing. If this is indeed the intent, I'll  
unify those descriptions, because currently some of them don't  
describe shepherd responsibilities during some of these stages.

Comments?

Thanks,
Lars
-- 
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories

_______________________________________________
proto-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/proto-team

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 19:14:10 +0200

Hi,

I've gone through most of the document, but got stuck in Section 3.3  
- the changes between -05 and -06 don't seem to make sense to me. For  
one, the text is no longer synchronized with the figures, but  
additionally, the new 3.a doesn't quite fit with the original flow of  
tasks and 3.c probably shouldn't be a step at all.

Some hints on what the intent here was may be good.

Thanks,
Lars

On Jun 2, 2006, at 12:10, Lars Eggert wrote:
> (1) One of the changes I've started to make is replacing  
> "shepherding WG chair" by "document shepherd", because secretaries  
> can be made shepherd, too. This also affects the title, which is  
> currently "Working Group Chair Document Shepherding." I'd like to  
> suggest at least "Working Group Document Shepherding" but like  
> "Document Shepherding after Working Group Last Call" even better  
> (see point 2).
>
> after WGLC, i.e., through AD evaluation, IETF LC, IESG evaluation  
> on to IANA and RFC Editor processing. If this is indeed the intent,  
> I'll unify those descriptions, because currently some of them don't