Subject: RE: Number of Authors

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:10:46 -0400 (EDT)

> some RFC with large lists of authors can move forward might help.

RFCs with large lists of authors will not be published
see http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html

Scott

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:15:44 +0100

What I propose that we do with the merged PLD/framework (=architecture)
document is as follows:

Top right we have the editors. They are the first point of contact
in the event of a question.

After the abstract, the full list of authors, giving them
public recognition for their contributions of significant text.

Finally others who made a significant contribution gets thanked in 
the acknowledgements section (before) references in the usual way.

I think that this allows the RFC editors to generate the well defined
front page, but still gives suitable thanks and acknowledgement to 
those that did the work.

Stewart