Subject: new version of draft-kamapabhava-fr-pwe3

From: "Claude Kawa"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:58:25 -0400

We produced a new version of draft-kamapabhava-fr-pwe3 (version 01) on frame
over pseudo-wires.
We took into account the comments received since we submitted the previous
version. 

We would like to ask PWE3 WG to review this draft with the intention to make
the next version a working group draft.

The main changes between this version and the previous one are:

1-Meaning of the two indicators I and L (known previously as X and Y)used
for
fragmentation of long FR frames as follows:

    0 1: First fragment of a fragmented FRoPW packet 1 0: Last fragment of a
    fragmented FRoPW packet 0 0: Complete FRoPW packet 1 1: Neither the
first
    nor the last fragment of a fragmented FRoPW packet

 The reason is to be backward compatible with draft-martini by having '0 0'
to
 mean a complete frame.

2-Change to the position of the FECN and BECN bits to be consistent with
draft-martini as per a previous email discussion.

3-The rules to set the FECN, BECN and DE bits. They are not copied unchanged
from the original frame relay frame but copied according to their values in
the original frame and the result of the policing function performed by a PE
device (in the case of DE) and the congestion state in the forward and
backward directions (in the case of FECN and Beck). These rules reflects the
processing of these bits by a frame relay node, they were incorrectly stated
in the previous draft.

4-Packets received out-of order are discarded. Packet reordering is not
supported in this draft.  

5-Section 7 on PVC maintenance protocol was deleted as per Luca Martini
suggestion. It will be included in another ID if the interest is expressed.

6-Deletion of the section on GRE

7-Support of frame relay over IP PSN with L2TP (not done yet)

7-Addition of a section on frame relay port-to-port mode based on
draft-martini-l2circuit-
encap-mpls-04 HDLC port mode section 4.5.

Claude Kawa