Subject: RE: Very Sad!

From: "Walsh, Thomas D (Thomas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:15:15 -0500

Sohel,

I share your hope for good cooperation between all parties.  I hope your
comments also extend to the ATM Forum and ITU-T where I think more
contributions may be coming soon on the subject.

However, I would like to clarify one point in your posting.  While the ATM
Forum and MPLS Forum are indeed holding joint meetings, the ATM-MPLS
encapsulation format is not under discussion in these meetings.  

Your message should not be construed by any reader as implying the MPLS
Forum endorses the ATM Forum encapsulation.  The joint work agreement
between these two Forums explicitly excludes discussion of encapsulation.
Its important people understand this distinction.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
TO: [email-masked] 
Subject: [PWE3] Very Sad! 
From: [email-masked] 
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:26:08 -0600 

I was silently observing the progress of ATM-MPLS interworking protocol
for the last six months. Apparently, ATM Forum made good progress on the
ATM-MPLS interworking protocol. ATM Forum and MPLS Forum also talked and
co-operated with each other.  However in PWE3, I am very sad to see that
months have passed, still we cannot come to a conclusion on ATM-MPLS
encapsulation issues. Still, we continue to argue in a circle same
issues being argued months after months. Now, I am afraid that we are
going back to version 0 again. 

A good  leader/entity is one, who/which can compromise-both give and
take-in a win-win situation and solve problem, not create one. If IETF
leadership expects continued involvement of all vendors and providers in
PWE3, it needs  to  equally weigh and welcome contributions/works of all
quarters. Otherwise, unhappy contributors may  leave PWE3 in search of a
friendly forum.

Hopefully, I will  go on a "silence mode" for another six months.
Hopefully, all in PWE3 will be able to compromise and publish a wide
accepted draft in the mean time!

Good Luck!

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Sohel Khan
Sprint  

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3