Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-pate-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt

From: "Prayson Pate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:06:30 -0400

This is an update to the previously published draft-pate-pwe3-tdm-03.txt.
The changes include:

- More info on SDH
- New Appendix about NSP operation
- Updated timing section
- General cleanup

Prayson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 12:43 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pate-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: TDM Service Specification for Pseudo-Wire
Emulation
                          Edge to Edge (PWE3)
	Author(s)	: P. Pate et al.
	Filename	: draft-pate-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 25-Jun-02

This document describes the service-specific implementation and
requirements for Pseudo-Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) of TDM
circuits using SONET/SDH payload formats. This draft extends
SONET/SDH SPE emulation proposal [CEP-SPE], providing SONET
VT1.5/2/3/6 and SDH VC-11/12/2 circuit emulation. This draft also
provides bandwidth saving modes for SONET STS-1 and SDH VC-3/4
carrying tributaries or asynchronous T3/E3 signals. This proposal
is optimized for VT level cross connect applications, for PDH to
SONET/SDH emulation and for carrying PDH circuits across a PSN. The
applicability statement for TDM circuit emulation (PDH and
SONET/SDH) is described in [TDM-APP]. This draft discusses the
emulation of these circuits over packet networks using IP or MPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pate-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pate-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pate-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.