Subject: Submission of new I-D: draft-riegel-pwe3-tdm-reqirements-00.txt

From: Maximilian Riegel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:17:22 +0200

Dear IETF-Editor,

I would like to submit the following Internet Draft to the IETF.

Please retrieve full document by:
http://www.max.franken.de/ids/draft-riegel-pwe3-tdm-reqirements-00.txt

It is a individual submission aimed for further discussion in the PWE3 
working group.

Summary:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Working Group                                          M. Riegel
Internet-Draft                                                Siemens AG
Expires: December 17, 2002                                 A. Vainshtein
                                                          Axerra Networks
                                                                 Y. Stein
                                                  RAD Data Communications
                                                                  P. Pate
                                                  Overture Networks, Inc.
                                                            June 18, 2002

   Requirements for Edge-to-Edge Emulation of TDM Circuits over Packet
                         Switching Networks (PSN)
                draft-riegel-pwe3-tdm-requirements-00.txt

Abstract

    This document specifies the particular requirements for edge-to-
    edge-emulation of circuits carrying time division multiplexed (TDM)
    digital signals over packet-switched networks.  It is based on the
    common framework of PWE3 as defined in [PWE3-FW] and the
    considerations on protocol layering in PWE3 as discussed in [PWE3-
    LAYERS].
    It makes references to requirements in [PWE3-REQ] where applicable
    and complements [PWE3-REQ] by defining additional requirements
    originating from specifics of TDM circuits.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards
Max