Subject: RE: Submission of draft-anavi-tdmoip-04.txt

From: "Daniel Feldman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:25:18 +0200

Hello Yaakov,
going over version 4 of TDMoIP, I see you added a raw format. The text
says:
"For unframed or framed but unstructured TDM traffic, the payload can be
reliably transported without adaptation. In this case one or more whole
TDM frames are placed as-is after the control word."

What shall we do in case of T1 frames, with 193 bits each? Are we to
follow the CESoPSN encapsulation scheme? If yes, isn't this in fact a
way to "unite" TDMoIP and CESoPSN?

Thanks in advance,
		Daniel Feldman.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yaakov Stein [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 12:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] Sumission of draft-anavi-tdmoip-04.txt

Attached please find draft-anavi-tdmoip-04.txt, 
the latest revision of the TDMoIP draft.

This draft is being submitted for consideration by
the  PWE3 working group.

 PWE3 Working Group                            Yaakov (Jonathan) Stein
 Internet Draft                                Ronen Shaashoua
 draft-anavi-tdmoip-04.txt                     Ron Insler
 Expires: December 2002                        Motty (Mordechai) Anavi
                                               RAD Data Communications
     
 TDM over IP                                 draft-anavi-tdmoip-04.txt 

 Abstract  
         
    This document describes methods for transporting time division 
    multiplexed (TDM) digital voice and data signals over Pseudo 
    Wires. It is a revision of the document draft-anavi-tdmoip-03.  

Y(J)S

Yaakov (Jonathan) Stein        [email-masked] 
Chief Scientist                        +972 3 6455389   +972 2 5889159
RAD Data Communications   24 Raoul Wallenburg St., Tel-Aviv 69719,
Israel 
Have you read my book yet ? <http://www.dspcsp.com/>
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471295469/>

------
Attachments are virus free!

This message has been scanned for viruses at the originating end by
Nemx Anti-Virus for MS Exchange Server/IMC
	http://www.nemx.com/products/antivirus

*** eSafe scanned this email for malicious content ***
*** IMPORTANT: Do not open attachments from unrecognized senders  ***

---

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:44:51 +0300

Daniel
  
going over version 4 of TDMoIP, I see you added a raw format. The text says:

"For unframed or framed but unstructured TDM traffic, the payload can be
reliably transported without adaptation. In this case one or more whole TDM
frames are placed as-is after the control word 
 
 What shall we do in case of T1 frames, with 193 bits each?  
 
[Yaakov] If the T1 is framed, even if not structured, we need not send the
0th bit at all.
If it is unframed (a rare occurence) we zero pad the 0th bit to a byte.
I should have made this explicit in the draft.
 
Are we to follow the CESoPSN encapsulation scheme? If yes, isn't this in
fact a way to "unite" TDMoIP and CESoPSN? 
 
[Yaakov] That was the whole idea (as I mentioned in a previous email).
 
Y(J)S