Subject: Secure MPLS

From: "Tissa Senevirathne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:02:36 +0000

At Yokhoma during PWe3 session, it was indicated that hackers are waiting 
for the day that L2 VPN get exposed in the WAN.

In light of that I thought to restart the discussion on Secure MPLS.

The link below is Secure MPLS ID. This ID present how MPLS payloads can be 
encrypted in a similar manner like IPsec when upper layers does not have 
security capabilities. Or on links between PE to PE that are exposed to 
public networks.

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsenevir-smpls-02.txt

For those who are lot in to Security the DOI (Domain of Interpretation) for 
Secure MPLS can be found in

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsenevir-smpls-doi-01.txt

Could you provide comments and feedback.

Thanks

Tissa

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx