Subject: Comments on pwe3 framework document

From: Vinay Bannai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:01:09 -0700

I have some comments on the framework document. 

- Section 3.3 (Maintenance Architecture) is very skeletal. Is any work being
done in this area?
- I would like to see some explanation or clarification on the mailing list
for the debug capability of the PW? For instance, I have bundled multiple
services in the same tunnel and one of the service instance is having
problems. How do we go about tracing the particular service instance through
the network to figure where things are going bad? Or is it tied to the
traceability of the tunnel LSP itself? I don't see much mention in the
document regarding this.
-  Section 3.5.2.1.3 talks about packet fragmentation. Doesn't this violate
the charter of the PWE3 working group?

Thanks
Vinay

---

From: "Prayson Pate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:52:28 -0400

Vinay,

> - Section 3.3 (Maintenance Architecture) is very skeletal. Is any 
> work being done in this area?

Section 7 of the protocol layering draft (draft-bryant-pwe3-protocol-01)
has some work on maintenance.  Stewart may want to comment on this.

> - I would like to see some explanation or clarification on the 
> mailing list for the debug capability of the PW? 

So would I ;-)

> For instance, I have bundled multiple

Section 4.7 talks about the need for a traceroute mechanism, but 
there needs to be a more detailed discussion of this somewhere.

> -  Section 3.5.2.1.3 talks about packet fragmentation. Doesn't 
> this violate the charter of the PWE3 working group?

I am not touching this one.  Danny?

Prayson