Subject: PW-MIB comment

From: "David Watkinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 10:16:26 -0400

Traffic parameters for the pseudo-wire need to be added to the PW-MIB.
These traffic parameters do not need to be signalled but they can be
used for load-balancing across parallel PSN tunnels.  It may also be
desirable to specify the traffic rates independantly for each direction
to support assymetrical links (e.g. ADSL).  There are several formats of
traffic parameters that may be chosen:
1. MaxRate, MeanRate, MaxBurstSize as in the MPLS TE or LSR MIBs
2. CommittedRate, CommittedBurstSize, ExcessBurstSize as in RFC2697
(SRTCM)
3. Others

This may be out of scope of the WG.  Section 8 of the Req'ts draft lists
the following as a non-requirement.
   - Defining how to perform traffic management on packets that carry PW
PDUs;

Dave.
--
David Watkinson,
Alcatel Canada,
600 March Road,
Kanata, Ontario,
K2K 2E6
+1 613 784 6847