Subject: Re: issue with frame fragmentation

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:59:17 -0400

Eric,

So noted.

Thanks,
Andy

-------

At 4/18/2002 11:19 AM -0400, Eric Rosen wrote:

>Andy> I had  originally envisioned just reassembling the  fragments in order
>Andy> (and dropping frames with  missing/late fragments), but Sasha has made
>Andy> a good point that whether or  not to reorder (rather than drop) in the
>Andy> receiver is  really a local  decision that doesn't  affect interopera-
>Andy> bility, and  thus the spec doesn't have  to mandate it one  way or the
>Andy> other.   That could  apply both  to the  receipt of  fragments  and to
>Andy> entire frames.
>
>Sure,  but then the  spec needs  to make  it clear  that either  behavior is
>allowable, and the choice is a local decision.

---

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:19:21 -0400