Subject: messages from ITU-T SG 13

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:07:54 -0400 (EDT)

we received two messages for the pwe3 working group from ITU-T SG13
I'll send the 2nd message in a seperate letter

Scott

----------

ITU - Telecommunication Standardization Sector				TD
13 (WP2/13)
STUDY GROUP 13

Chitose, 8 July 2002

QUESTION:	Q.5/13

SOURCE:	ITU-T Working Party 2/13 (Chitose, Japan, 8 July 2002)

TITLE:	ATM-MPLS Interworking activities in ITU-T

_________________
LIAISON STATEMENT

TO:		IETF (PWE3 WG)
APPROVAL:	Agreed to at WP 2/13 meeting
FOR:		Information
DEADLINE:	N/A	

CONTACT:	
	Ghassem Koleyni		Tel: 	 +1 613 763 4154
	P.O. Box 3511 Station C	Fax:	 +1 613 765 6295
	Ottawa, ON			Email: [email-masked]
	Canada K1Y 4H7

The Q.5/13 working group would like to inform the IETF PWE3 working group
of its progress on ATM-MPLS network interworking. Q.5/13 met in Chitose,
Japan from 2 to 8 July to further progress the work on ATM-MPLS network
interworking. 

During this meeting, the working group decided to divide the existing draft
Recommendation (Y.atmpls) into two parts. One part (draft Recommendation
Y.atmplsC) is dedicated to ATM-MPLS network interworking for one-to-one and
n-to-one cell modes. The other part (draft Recommendation Y.atmplsF) is
dedicated to AAL type 5 PDU and SDU modes. Both these draft Recommendations
are accompanying this liaison statement for your information. We would
appreciate it if you let us know of your progress in this area. Q.5/13
meets again in Geneva Switzerland from 28th of October to 8th of November
2002.

Copy of these draft Recommendations can be found at:
http://www.itu.int/itu-t/studygroups/com13/ip/sg13-ietf-ftp.html