Subject: Very Sad!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:26:08 -0600

I was silently observing the progress of ATM-MPLS interworking protocol
for the last six months. Apparently, ATM Forum made good progress on the
ATM-MPLS interworking protocol. ATM Forum and MPLS Forum also talked and
co-operated with each other.  However in PWE3, I am very sad to see that
months have passed, still we cannot come to a conclusion on ATM-MPLS
encapsulation issues. Still, we continue to argue in a circle same
issues being argued months after months. Now, I am afraid that we are
going back to version 0 again. 

A good  leader/entity is one, who/which can compromise-both give and
take-in a win-win situation and solve problem, not create one. If IETF
leadership expects continued involvement of all vendors and providers in
PWE3, it needs  to  equally weigh and welcome contributions/works of all
quarters. Otherwise, unhappy contributors may  leave PWE3 in search of a
friendly forum.

Hopefully, I will  go on a "silence mode" for another six months.
Hopefully, all in PWE3 will be able to compromise and publish a wide
accepted draft in the mean time!

Good Luck!

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Sohel Khan
Sprint