Subject: DE -->DiffServ mapping in FRoPSN

From: Sasha Vainshtein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:35:50 +0200

Andy and Luca
I seem to remember that the early Martini drafts have defined optional 
mapping of the FR DE markings and the ATM CLP one to DiffServ markings 
of the encapsulating MPLS packets (the EXP bits). 

I have always considered this as an important option 
allowing to preserve dropping precedence across the PSN.

When I tried to check the status of this option in the current 
drafts (draft-ietf-pwe3-frame-relay-00.txt and 
draft-ietf-pwe3-atm-encap-01.txt) I have found, to my surprise, 
that it has been retained for ATM (see Section 7.2) but 
somehow disappeared for FR.

If this is an editorial slip, it. IMHO,  deserves to be fixed.
If it is intentional, I would really appreciate an explanation
as I do not see any obvious reasons for the difference.

With best regards,
                                   Sasha Vainshtein
email:     [email-masked]
tel:       +972-3-7659993 (office)
           +972-8-9254948 (res.)
           +972-58-674833 (cell.)