Subject: Couple of PWE3 vccv questions

From: Chris Metz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:03:27 -0800

Hi-
Couple of questions on the pwe3 vccv draft:

1. Does the VCCV parameters ID equal to "0x06" defined in the draft 
conflict with the interface parameter values defined in:
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-iana-allocation-00.txt

2. Understand what is being conveyed but not clear on the placement of the 
values identified in section 6.2:

0x1  OAM Flag in PWE header
0x2  Include the control channel label in stack above VC
         label

3. Who doles out the router alert label? I would assume no one and that it 
is pushed on top of the VC label by the PW ingress PE based on the 
negotiated OAM capability.

4. Just a general question on router alert processing: If an explicit null 
is the tunnel label (thus requiring disposition on the UHP), is the router 
alert label still processed as usual? I would guess so but I raise the 
question based on the following from RFC3032, section 2.1, ii:

"..When a received packet contains this label
               value at the top of the label stack, it is delivered to a
               local software module for processing.."

Thanks ...