Subject: Re: draft-davari-pwe3-aal12-over-psn-01

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:25:24 -0500

Shahram,

I agree with Akiva's comments regarding the effects of packet loss when 
you're using PDU mode.  In addition, PDU mode adds additional accumulation 
delay over and above the delay introduced by the vocoders, and increases 
the jitter buffer requirements at the egress.  IMHO even though it could 
conceivably work, the additional complexity being introduced to support 
AAL1 over PDU mode isn't worth it - the existing two alternatives (1-1 and 
N-to-1 cell mode) are more than sufficient.

Cheers,
Andy

--------

At 3/4/2003 08:14 AM -0800, Shahram Davari wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have submitted this draft. FYI I am enclosing a copy.
>
>Yours,
>Shahram Davari