Subject: Change in Order of F & B bit in Flag Bits of PW header.

From: "Ramasamy, Rajendran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 05:21:10 -0700

Hi,
	I have a question related to the difference between drafts
'draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-08' and
'draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-07'.

In the diff I could see that only the FLAG bits (F & B bit)  related to
Pseudo-Wire header of Frame-Relay is changed. But I couldn't find the
reason for doing so . Please clarify whether it is intentional or a typo
? 

Diff of 'draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-08' and
'draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-07' are attached.

draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-08.txt 
vs
draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-07.txt

0a1,5
3c8
< Expiration Date: March 2005                              Nasser
El-Aawar
---
> Expiration Date: December 2004                           Nasser
El-Aawar
24c29
<                                                           September
2004
---
>                                                                June
2004
30c35
<                draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-08.txt
---
> Internet Draft draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-07.txt       June
2004
363c368
<    | Rsvd  |F|B|D|C|    Length     |        Sequence Number        |
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  Difference in flag bits
---
>    | Rsvd  |B|F|D|C|    Length     |        Sequence Number        |
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<   
390c395
< Internet Draft draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-08.txt  September
2004
---
> Internet Draft draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-07.txt       June
2004
446c451
< Internet Draft draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-08.txt  September
2004
---
<<<< snipped Since only file name difference is listed as the previous
line >>>>

Thanks in advance,
Rajendran

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:52:37 -0400

Rajendran,

This was recently discussed at length on the PWE3 list.  See 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pwe3/current/msg06217.html and the 
follow-up messages in the same thread.

Cheers,
Andy

---------

At 10/18/2004 05:21 AM -0700, Ramasamy, Rajendran wrote:

>reason for doing so . Please clarify whether it is intentional or a typo ?
>