Subject: [PWE3] TDMoIP AAL2 and TSSI/RDTD structures

From: Javi Muñoz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:57:01 +0200

ITU-T I.140 defines:

+ RDTD structure (restricted differential time delay): if two samples, 
for any two different channels of an aggregate of channels (B1 and 
B2),are transmitted at the same time, they must separate to the 
destination no more than "50 ms".

+ TSSI structure (time slot sequence integrity): if a sample "bi" is 
send and, later, a second sample "bk" (for any two different channels of 
an aggregate of channels, B1 and B2), "bi" always come first.

If we use a TDMoPW TDMoIP AAL2 to emulate the aggregate of that channels 
(B1 and B2), would TSSI and RDTD structures be guaranteed?

---

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:15:33 +0000

Javi

When using TDMoIP in AAL2 mode, sample order is guaranteed,
but differential delay may not be.

This is because the clocks at the two sides are not locked,
because of packetization, and because of VAD uncertainty (if VAD is employed).
However, this delay variation should be on the order of a few ms,
never 50 ms or more.

Please note that I am assuming no signal processing on the samples.
If there is signal processing, it is no longer possible to identify individual samples.

Y(J)S

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Javi Mu?oz
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 13:57
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] TDMoIP AAL2 and TSSI/RDTD structures

ITU-T I.140 defines:

If we use a TDMoPW TDMoIP AAL2 to emulate the aggregate of that channels 
(B1 and B2), would TSSI and RDTD structures be guaranteed?
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Javi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 18:56:52 +0200

Yaakov,

And if we use TDMPWs CESoPSN  or TDMoIP AAL1 with SDT.

would TSSI and RDTD structures be guaranteed?

Javi

---

From: Javi Muñoz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:19:21 +0200

Hi Yaakov,

If we use TDMPWs CESoPSN  or TDMoIP AAL1 with SDT, I think TSSI and RDTD 
structures would always be guaranteed.

Do you agree?

Thanks.

Javier Muñoz