Subject: [PWE3] RFC 7079 on The Pseudowire (PW) and Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) Implementation Survey Results

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:06:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7079

        Title:      The Pseudowire (PW) and Virtual 
                    Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) 
                    Implementation Survey Results 
        Author:     N. Del Regno, Ed.,
                    A. Malis, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 67854
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7079.txt

The IETF Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) working group has
defined many encapsulations of various layer 1 and layer 2 service-
specific PDUs and circuit data.  In most of these encapsulations, use
of the Pseudowire (PW) Control Word is required.  However, there are
several encapsulations for which the Control Word is optional, and
this optionality has been seen in practice to possibly introduce
interoperability concerns between multiple implementations of those
encapsulations.  This survey of the Pseudowire / Virtual Circuit
Connectivity Verification (VCCV) user community was conducted to
determine implementation trends and the possibility of always
mandating the Control Word.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC