Subject: [Rats] Alexey Melnikov's Yes on charter-ietf-rats-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 03:25:29 -0800

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-rats-00-00: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-rats/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a strong feeling on whether or not the use cases document needs to
be published, but I agree that the question should be considered.

>4. Standardize interoperable protocols to securely convey assertions/claims.

Is plural intended here?

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:27:29 -0600

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-rats/

I think so.  We're more likely than not to end up with at least two of
CBOR, JOSE, ASN.1, and XML containers (and have already had some lively
discussions thereof).

-Benjamin

---

From: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:40:24 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alexey Melnikov [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:25 AM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Alexey Melnikov's Yes on charter-ietf-rats-00-00: (with COMMENT)
> 
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
> 
> 
> 
> I don't have a strong feeling on whether or not the use cases document
> needs to be published, but I agree that the question should be considered.

Understood.  Alissa made the same point.  To address this, the -02 now reads:

"1. Specify use cases for remote attestation (to document and achieve WG
consensus but not expected to be published as an RFC)."

> >4. Standardize interoperable protocols to securely convey

Not necessarily.  s/protocol/protocol(s)/.

Roman