Subject: [regext] draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-02 : autoRenewPeriod and delete response

From: Matthieu Jacob <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:19:53 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have a question about the delete command and precisely about the response when you delete a domain which is in autoRenewPeriod and the registrar has fee extension selected during the login, do we need to give the amount refund of the autorenew into the delete response?

Thanks.

Regards,
Matthieu JACOB
Backend Product Owner
Afnic

---

From: Thomas Corte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 17:50:16 +0100

Hello Matthieu,

On 17/03/2017 18:19, Matthieu Jacob wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I have a question about the delete command and precisely about the
> response when you delete a domain which is in autoRenewPeriod and the
> registrar has fee extension selected during the login, do we need to
> give the amount refund of the autorenew into the delete response?

Since the purpose of the extension is to tell registrars the financial
impact of a command, the delete response should indeed list all credits
(which includes applicable auto-renew credits, but also other potential
credits due to the domain being in its add/renew/transfer grace period)
via the fee extension.

We implemented this for the fee-0.11 version. fee-0.15 additionally lists
"delete" as a viable command to be passed to the <fee:check> command, so
I believe it's now also necessary to determine such credits when the
deletion fees are merely checked for a specific domain name, i.e. to
return the credits that would be granted if the domain was deleted at the
time the <fee:check> is received.

Best regards,

Thomas Corte

-- 
TANGO REGISTRY SERVICES®
Knipp Medien und Kommunikation GmbH                    Thomas Corte
Technologiepark                             Phone: +49 231 9703-222
Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9                       Fax: +49 231 9703-200
D-44227 Dortmund                      E-Mail: [email-masked]
Germany