Subject: [regext] FW: Protocol Action: 'Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words' to Best Current Practice (draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-02.txt)

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:45:54 +0000

This should be of interest to document authors.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 5:42 PM
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; The IESG <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Protocol Action: 'Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words' to Best Current Practice (draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-02.txt)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words'
  (draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-02.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-rfc2119-update/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 2119 to change the keyword boilerplate
   only apply for keywords used in UPPER CASE.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a working group document. However, there was significant
   discussion on the IETF discussion list, with generally favorable comments.

Document Quality

   We expect many "implementations" of the procedures in this document. A
   number of authors have made similar modification to the RFC 2119 boilerplate
  on an ad-hoc basis over the past few years.

Personnel

   The responsible AD is Ben Campbell. There is no assigned shepherd.