Subject: [regext] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-yee-regext-simple-registration-reporting-00.txt

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:12:50 -0400

Hi REGEXT WG,

I wrote a new draft regarding registration report definition that defines
not just data fields and reports, but to utilize IANA registry as central
repository to hold these definitions.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this draft, and would love to get a
slot in the agenda for the next meet up to talk about this draft.  Thanks.

Best,
Joseph

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 1:56 AM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-yee-regext-simple-registration-reporting-00.txt
To: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Simple Registration Reporting
        Authors         : Joseph Yee
                          James Galvin
        Filename        :
draft-yee-regext-simple-registration-reporting-00.txt
        Pages           : 15
        Date            : 2020-03-08

Abstract:
   Domain name registries and registrars report to each other by sharing
   bulk information through files.  This document creates two IANA
   registries to create a standard reporting mechanism between domain
   name registries and registrars.  The first IANA registry lists
   standard data elements and their syntax for inclusion in the files.
   The second IANA registry lists standard reports based on the standard
   data elements.  Each report is a file formatted as a CSV file.  The
   advantage of this reporting mechanism is that reports, each file, can
   be imported by recipients without any prior knowledge of their
   contents, although reporting is enhanced with a minimum of knowledge
   about the files.  The mechanism for the transmission and reception of
   the files is a matter of local policy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yee-regext-simple-registration-reporting/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yee-regext-simple-registration-reporting-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yee-regext-simple-registration-reporting-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt