Subject: [rohc] Query regarding RFC 6846

From: Aneesh J <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 17:47:16 +0530

Dear All,

I have a query regarding TCP- RST/SYN/FIN (RSF flags) compression.
Presence of these flags can be indicated via a compressed packet of type
co_common OR rnd_8 OR seq_8.
If these flags are not present in next (N+1th)packet, How it should be
indicated?

Could you please advise which is expected (a) or (b) from RFC 6846?

a) Sent again either of these compressed packet types with RST_NONE to
indicate explicit clear.

b) Any other packet type (say rnd_1 to rnd_7)and flag is reset implicitly.

In other words indicate flags presence is enough? or reset also to be
indicated?

OpenRohc Handles even with (b). While some other decompressor
implementations expect (a)

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Regards
Aneesh