Subject: Great news. Read here

From: "Briana " <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:08:13 -0600

KARMA, Iraq (CNN) -- The concept of democracy appears to have taken root =
in the dusty town of Karma, a predominantly Sunni community of 75,000 =
people about nine miles (15 kilometers) northeast of Falluja.

Karma sprawls for miles along the canals of the Euphrates River, with =
its little communities of sandy brick houses, each separated by the =
bright colors of laundry hanging out to dry. Patches of bright green =
grass dot the landscape. Herds of sheep and goats drink from the river =
while children run behind Humvees screaming "Mister! Mister!" as Marines =
on their daily patrols throw them candy.

Troops from the Regimental Combat Team 7 (RCT-7) of the 1st Marine =
Division meet with local leaders, sheiks and the people of Karma to try =
to gauge their sentiment about the upcoming elections. They distribute =
flyers that read: "Participate in the elections to build a strong Iraq" =
and "Vote! The future is in your hands."

But many villagers are not as interested in talking about the elections =
as they are about the lack of petrol, gas, electricity and work. They =
say they receive their information about the elections from TV and say =
no one has campaigned or even hung campaign posters in their community.

Reuwoweem