Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:10:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Basic Specification for IP Fast-Reroute: Loop-free Alternates
	Author(s)       : A. Atlas, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-10.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2007-11-16

This document describes the use of loop-free alternates to provide
local protection for unicast traffic in pure IP and MPLS/LDP networks
in the event of a single failure, whether link, node or shared risk
link group (SRLG).  The goal of this technology is to reduce the
packet loss that happens while routers converge after a topology
change due to a failure.  Rapid failure repair is achieved through
use of precalculated backup next-hops that are loop-free and safe to
use until the distributed network convergence process completes.
This simple approach does not require any support from other routers.
The extent to which this goal can be met by this specification is
dependent on the topology of the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-10.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg