Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Loop-free convergence using oFIB
	Author(s)	: P. Francois
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
This draft describes a mechanism for use in conjunction with link
   state routing protocols which prevents the transient loops which
   would otherwise occur during topology changes.  It does this by
   correctly sequencing the FIB updates on the routers.

   This mechanism can be used in the case of non-urgent link or node
   shutdowns and restarts or link metric changes.  It can also be used
   in conjunction with a FRR mechanism which converts a sudden link or
   node failure into a non-urgent topology change.  This is possible
   where a complete repair path is provided for all affected
   destinations.

   After a non-urgent topology change, each router computes a rank that
   defines the time at which it can safely update its FIB.  A method for
   accelerating this loop-free convergence process by the use of
   completion messages is also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg