Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 03:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Loop-free convergence using oFIB
	Author(s)       : M. Shand, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-10-22

This draft describes a mechanism for use in conjunction with link
state routing protocols which prevents the transient loops which
would otherwise occur during topology changes.  It does this by
correctly sequencing the FIB updates on the routers.

This mechanism can be used in the case of non-urgent link or node
shutdowns and restarts or link metric changes.  It can also be used
in conjunction with a FRR mechanism which converts a sudden link or
node failure into a non-urgent topology change.  This is possible
where a complete repair path is provided for all affected
destinations.

After a non-urgent topology change, each router computes a rank that
defines the time at which it can safely update its FIB.  A method for
accelerating this loop-free convergence process by the use of
completion messages is also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.