Subject: seeking anonymized network topologies for MRT & fast-reroute analysis

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 23:21:02 -0500

(WG-chair hat firmly off)

I am working on getting an analysis of the various fast-reroute
technologies (MRT, not-via, optimal, Remote LFA) on different networks.
 Specifically, I want to update draft-enyedi-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm with
the method and results of analysis so that we can draw some conclusions
about which MRT algorithm to select for unicast fast-reroute and how much
difference the selection of  the GADAG root makes.

To do this, I could use as many real network topologies as possible.  While
it's interesting to analyze arbitrary topologies, what is really meaningful
is looking at the topologies that are used.

For a network topology, I need a list of routers (router-name,
IP-addresses) and a list of one-way links (local-router-name,
local-interface-name, remote-route-name, remote-interface-name, IGP
metric).  The IP-addresses and router-names just have to be unique; what
they are doesn't matter (IP addresses slightly for tie-breaking, but very
minorly).  I can also automatically translate the output of 'show isis
database detail' and such, via Cariden.

If you have such a model and would not be adverse to privately sharing it,
with the understanding that no identifying information would be included or
shared in the summarized analysis, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Obviously, I have some networks that I'm looking at already, but the more
the better the results.

I'm also happy to discuss the methods that I'm using the compare the
algorithms and their results.

Thanks,
Alia