Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-07.txt

From: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 12:45:47 +0530

Hi All,

I have uploaded a newer version to address some NITS.

Hi Chairs,

Request you to take this draft to the next stage (i.e. WGLC and publication)

Thanks and Regards,
-Pushpasis

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-07.txt
To: Pushpasis Sarkar <[email-masked]>, Shraddha Hegde <
[email-masked]>, Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>, Hannes Gredler <
[email-masked]>, Stephane Litkowski <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Pushpasis Sarkar and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection
Revision:       07
Title:          Remote-LFA Node Protection and Manageability
Document date:  2016-10-08
Group:          rtgwg
Pages:          17
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-
node-protection-07.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-
node-protection/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-
protection-07
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-
node-protection-07

Abstract:
   The loop-free alternates computed following the current Remote-LFA
   specification guarantees only link-protection.  The resulting Remote-
   LFA nexthops (also called PQ-nodes), may not guarantee node-
   protection for all destinations being protected by it.

   This document describes procedures for determining if a given PQ-node
   provides node-protection for a specific destination or not.  The
   document also shows how the same procedure can be utilised for
   collection of complete characteristics for alternate paths.
   Knowledge about the characteristics of all alternate path is
   precursory to apply operator defined policy for eliminating paths not
   fitting constraints.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat