Subject: VLSM Tree Routing Protocol and others

From: shyam bandyopadhyay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 11:59:01 +0530

Dear Adrian,

I would like to appeal once again to consider the following drafts
to be published under the Independent Submission stream.

1. draft-shyam-vlsmtrp: This is a routing protocol applicable inside a
provider network where it
appears to be in the form of a tree and distribution of address space takes
place with the approach of
VLSM. It covers routing as well as all related aspects that are required as
a substitute of BGP inside VLSM tree.

2. draft-shyam-hipi: This is a protocol to identify hosts uniquely with
provider independent addresses
where customers' networks are connected to more than one service provider.
It is based on the
approach of DNS and can be considered as an alternative to HIP.

3. draft-shyam-site-multi: It provides a solution for site multihoming of
stub networks.
This is based on the principle of "default routing based on the
source domain of the source address of the outgoing traffic". Out of all
the possible paths between source and destination, it goes through the
path selection criterion on end to end basis. It provides a mechanism to
switch over to an alternate route on link failure.

As I had said earlier, draft-shyam-site-multi, draft-shyam-hipi and
draft-shyam-vlsmtrp
has got reference to draft-shyam-real-ip-framework which is a proposed
framework that can
be considered for the ease of routing and for the convenience of
distribution.But, they can exist on their own irrespective of the framework
supported. draft-shyam-vlsmtrp and draft-shyam-hipi expects distribution of
address space the way it appears in draft-shyam-real-ip-framework.

Thanks,
Shyam

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 17:33:45 +1100

Has it been implemented and then deployed? Has it been proven to work?

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, 17:29 shyam bandyopadhyay, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> appears to be in the form of a tree and distribution of address space
> takes place with the approach of
> VLSM. It covers routing as well as all related aspects that are required
> as a substitute of BGP inside VLSM tree.
>
> where customers' networks are connected to more than one service
> provider. It is based on the
> _______________________________________________
> rtgwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg
>